Ram Shot Tac users Let me here you loads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Csteven2003
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by SDW View Post
    I like TAC. In fact I need to go looking for some more. I'm glad to read that it's showing up again. I'll check first to see if there's any available locally before thinking about buying online.

Fired through my 20" BA stainless DMR barrel, here's my results of a workup set using 123 gr ELDs. They're all pretty good groups. I want to load up a bunch more at the max I used: 28.2 gr. Velocity wasn't amazing. Just 2467 FPS. But it's fast enough for target work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18509[/ATTACH]
    I realize I am six years late to the conversation but I found it kinda neat that I also have an average speed of 2467 using 28.2 gr of tac from new hornady brass with 123eld-m. Gm205 primer. Also have a 20" ba barrell.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mark611 View Post
      My problem is all of my reloading manuals are out of date, so I just ordered the 11th edit Hornady and the new Hodgdon manual, so updated information with some of the newer powders as well as some the older powders will give me more info, my older Hornady manual shows the Test barrel @ 14.5'' with a 1&7 twist, not very useful to me!
      Mk611:

You are still buying reloading manuals? Hodgdon has a web site that provides load data. In fact, I haven't found a powder company that doesn't have load data posted on their web site. I am pretty sure Alexander still has load data posted.

TAC is nothing new for a Grendel. It was one of the most popular Grendel powders when the Grendel hit the market. For the 120 grain bullets, 27 1/2 to 28 grains was the normal load area.

LR-55

Comment

• DIANEB
        Warrior
        • Oct 2020

For some reason TAC powder has been preforming very good for me... It works great with 3 different bullets... Sierra 123 SMK, Barnes 120 Match Burners,and the Hornady 120 ELD-M... I loaded all of them with 27.7 grains of TAC CCI 450's... I trimmed all to 1.510 inches and seated to 2.260 inches... I'm happy with 1 inch groups

Comment

• TedBrewer5
          Warrior
          • Dec 2019

27.7 out of a 20” tube using 123 eldm gets me .75” groups at 100.

Comment

• Mark611
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

TAC, is a powder I have never used or have any experience with, I have had to step out the box from my normal powders I'm used to, that's all due to prices of powder! even though this is an old thread I'm glad to see some answers till coming forth, I only plan to use TAC in my 5.56/223 loads at this point, it might work well in the 6.5GRR but so far AR Comp has taken center stage for my 6.5GRR AR's, I sent some new barrels out to be MELONITED, when I get them back I get to start with new load development for these barrels in 6.5GRR, I'm like most of us here I only use manuals to get a base to start with, I purchase manuals because maybe someday there won't be an internet!

Comment

Working...
            X