• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

GRT developer has passed away

Was on the GRT website and this is posted on the site by the developers wife.

Important announcement

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that my husband Gordon passed away on January 19th 2022.

Until further notice, this site stays online. Please note that Patreon contributions have been paused.

Initially, no additional submissions should be made to the GRTLab, or Translations, as no one has access to service the data.
    Therefore, it will be impossible to update Powder Models, Calibers, and Bullet to the GRT database as an official release until the possibilities of continuing Gordon's fine work are explored.

Take care!
    Chrissi
    Not sure if anyone will pick up developing the software or not so I just went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered QuickLoad.
    Last edited by jasper2408; 01-27-2022, 09:02 PM. Reason: can't spell
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Gordon had put in an end date in his code to make users update to the latest version, so they wouldn't be left behind. there is a discussion of this on the Discord reloading channel for GRT, also there is a work around to allow users to continue using the current version (found it thanks to the efforts of GRH over on the 6Arc website), along with an explanation about all of that. It is sad to see the loss of such a talented developer. I like the grt even though it isn't the most perfect model. I have quickload and frankly couldn't get my head around all the tweaks and adjustments, and (what I consider to be) excess variables it has... definitely a jungle-maze to me... so I'm hoping to stick to the Grt for a while. Even so I use it mostly for estimations. The actual load and shoot results, those are what really count.

If there's a way to sell this version of quickload that I have, I'd be willing to do it. I won't be using it.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Draftpick
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2021

Originally posted by grayfox View Post

If there's a way to sell this version of quickload that I have, I'd be willing to do it. I won't be using it.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

PM reply, thanks.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X