• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoustonHipster6.5
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2021

Cheap Practice Ammo - What do I do?

Much of the forum is advice in high-performance reloads, but I am seeing the writing on the wall for 100 gr Wolf. It's drying up. I have plenty of Hornady Black ELDs, but what I don't have is a cheap practice reload. What can y'all recommend for roll-your-own cheap practice ammo?
  • EastTNHunter
    Warrior
    • Jul 2021

Comment

• lazyengineer
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2019

Fed TNT 90s. Midway has a birthday sale that's pretty great, if you can time it right. I picked up a couple thousand for ~15 cents before the world went mad. And for brass, 7.62x39 pickups and purchased pickups can be cheap and easy. I started a thread on if one can just run pre-primed wolf steel 7.62x39 brass (buy and toss the bullets of cheap 7.62x39). I think doable, but few Posted experience. And yes, that runs about the same powder and same charge (about), with the TNT 90 subbed on top.
      4x P100

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

https://www.65grendel.com/forum/show...amp-90-gr-TNTs
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• JethroBodine
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

Midsouth has Hornady 123gr FMJ 250 count in stock for $66.50.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
            Warrior
            • Apr 2019

I find myself muttering about the price of 6.5mm TNT's... A couple of weeks ago I bought several boxes of 125gr TNT (30 cal) for $77/500 box. I know... economies of scale, price of retooling the production line to run smaller batches of 6.5mm bullets, etc. But still that $0.15 (30cal) versus $0.25 (6.5mm)?!

Comment

• NDSwede
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2022

Midwayusa has bulk seconds (Hornady) bullets om sale. 129 gr. for $21 plus shipping.
              If you reload and can get primers you can build some nice bullets for about $0.50 each. That comes to $10/20. That's about as cheap as it gets these days.

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

I checked the midway factory seconds out this morning. Lots of choices. 120,123 and 129 gr selections

Comment

Working...
                X