• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remington Jim
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2020

100 gr 6.5 Nos Partitions

Hey Guys - anyone got a GOOD load for a 100 gr Nos Partition in a 6.5 Grendel to be shot out of a Howa Mini ?
  • EastTNHunter
    Warrior
    • Jul 2021

Comment

• Orchard6
      Bloodstained
      • May 2019

Comment

• tdbru
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

I would have thought so too.

I suspect that it's the problem with not being able to find them right now.

They are a handload only proposition, at the moment, as far as I know.

I think, based upon posts, that a lot of folks do not reload but use factory ammo to hunt with.

They are a bit on the spendy side for 100gr. 6.5mm bullets. For one or two deer a year, not a big deal. For the guys that shoot 500+ feral hogs a year, they're probably looking for the cheapest bullet of any kind of construction that gets the job done due to the volume of bullets fired.

And for the deer hunters in the PRK, they can't use them anyway.

So it might turn out that there's just not a ton of folks either using them right now or no one can even find them on the shelf to try out.

I haven't had the chance to turn one loose at a deer yet, but I have no doubt, based upon the other partitions I have used, that this one would be just right for the 6.5 Grendel.

It's not big game hunting season right now either. So the only hunting usages for our 6.5 G right now seem to be mainly feral pigs and coyotes. So perhaps much better response to this thread in the late fall right after deer season??

-tdbru

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-09-2022, 04:38 PM.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ported45
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Remington Jim
            I would have thought this bullet would be more popular with the HUNTING crowd
            No experience here with the 6.5 Partitions, but the largest majority of posts I have read about 6.5 Partitions were lackluster accuracy out of the Grendel as a generalization.

Comment

• Harpoon1
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by ported45 View Post
              No experience here with the 6.5 Partitions, but the largest majority of posts I have read about 6.5 Partitions were lackluster accuracy out of the Grendel as a generalization.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

'52, I think he is talking about the howa mini, not the ruger mini ... so the bolt-action howa.
                All the other guidance you give is still applicable however.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rickt300
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

The 100 grain Partitions shoot satisfactorily out of my Grendel though I am shooting them on top of the charge in the steel cased Wolf stuff. 1.5 inches is fine for a great amount of hunting. Sometimes I think we go overboard with the accuracy fetish. I didn't pick the M4 contour 16 inch barrel so I could put all bullets in the same hole. That said it does shoot some loads under MOA.

Comment

• Dinny
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2016

My Howa Mini shoots that bullet very well using A2520. I'm slightly over max but I have a longer COAL too. 2806 avg fps.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• JCart
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2021

Comment

• lazyengineer
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2019

In my experience, the only good Nosler 6.5mm diameter bullet is their 140 HPBT match bullet, fired out of a 6.5 CM. I could never get their 100 or 123 gr bullets to shoot worth a hoot in anything I tried them in. Grendel,Creedmoor, 1/8, 1/9, any brass, half a dozen powders, nothing - I personally advise running away from Nosler 6.5 mm bullets - they are not forgiving bullets.
                        4x P100

Comment

• outbreaker
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                          In my experience, the only good Nosler 6.5mm diameter bullet is their 140 HPBT match bullet, fired out of a 6.5 CM. I could never get their 100 or 123 gr bullets to shoot worth a hoot in anything I tried them in. Grendel,Creedmoor, 1/8, 1/9, any brass, half a dozen powders, nothing - I personally advise running away from Nosler 6.5 mm bullets - they are not forgiving bullets.
                          120gr NBT has always been an easy sub moa performer with every powder I have ever tried. And the optimal charge ladders found the node that it was the most forgiving at.

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                            In my experience, the only good Nosler 6.5mm diameter bullet is their 140 HPBT match bullet, fired out of a 6.5 CM. I could never get their 100 or 123 gr bullets to shoot worth a hoot in anything I tried them in.
                            When I ran out of my beloved, discontinued A-Max bullets, I tried the 123 grain Custom Competitions. They shot even better than the A-Max. This is in a 22" Black Hole Weaponry that is a .264LBC, not a true Grendel chamber. Then our response to Covid (especially in Oregon where Nosler is located) was to shut everything down. Many Nosler bullets have been out of stock for months. An email reply from the company says the 123gr CC's are scheduled for next production in May/June.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                            X