• Mar 2021

Discontinued Brass

MidwayUSA
    Discontinued - Hornady Brass 6.5 Grendel

Anyone know what's going on...
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

If you search for Hornady Brass there you'll see that most is out of stock or temporarily unavailable. The "discontinued" refers to a package of 250 pieces. The 3,000-piece package of .224 Valkyrie for $1,981.99 has also been "discontinued."

I wouldn't read anything into it.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• gwtx
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I just got a notice that the Hornady 50 rd pkg is "Discontinued".
      When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Also got a notice that Hornady 6 Creed brass (50 pc) is discontinued.
        Wonder if something's up.....
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
          Also got a notice that Hornady 6 Creed brass (50 pc) is discontinued.
          Wonder if something's up.....
          GF:

Makes total sense to me. How many people buy fifty or 250 pieces of brass? They buy 100 pieces at a time or multiples of 100. I would discontinue selling brass in anything but 100 piece packages.

As for 3000 piece lots of .224 Valkarye for $2K? Who ever thought that one up needs to find another job.

Pistol brass though -- different story. 1K pieces of brass at a time is nothing for a pistol shooter.

I see a very long future for the Grendel. Living proof is that so far, no one has tried to 'improve' the cartridge.

LR-55

Comment

• ragrendel
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2021

Yesterday this brass was showing up as temporarily unavailable under reloading supplies-reloading brass, today it is gone. The link above goes to gun parts-rifle parts-rifle barrels. Maybe Midway site maintenance or something? Assuming Hornady didn't discontinue, probably show as a new item when they come back in stock. I have noticed similar items like this in the past. FWIW, it's still listed on Hornady's website as a product:
            6.5 Grendel 86283 50
            6.5 Grendel 86283B 3000

The Midway number doesn't match the 50 qty:
            Manufacturer #: 86283B (50)

Cartridge Cases The foundation of Hornady® Ammunition At Hornady,® brass is the foundation for what could be the most memorable shot of your lifetime. Extra time and care is taken in the creation of our cases, producing smaller lots that mee...

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

I would definitely second the 50 thing... 100 is the normal product size as far as I'm concerned...
              I'm pretty ok for now anyway, got about 300 give or take still NIB. Hornady and starline combined...
              Still looking for all that bad badbadbad Lapua from the other thread that folks "want" to offload.... BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X