• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

New Nosler Reloading Data

Totally free to download. Looked at the 6.5 Grendel data and they have some new powders added to the mix. They also added loads for the 90gr Varmageddon.

Once you click on the caliber and then the bullet that you want then click on the data page itself and it will download it as a PDF file so you can save it.

This is version 9.0. The last version that I have is 8.3.

Explore the world of Nosler, renowned for crafting the finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, and brass. Discover our extensive lineup, including Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition, and more. Experience superior quality and performance with Nosler products.
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Thanks for the info .

Comment

• lazyengineer
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2019

Neat! They have LT32 data! And go a good bit warmer than I do - good to see that's OK to do. But then, I run my LT-32/90gr load as my 7.62x39 brass load, so probably not-advised to run their max all the same.

I see they post a remarkable velocity with CFE223 and 130 bullet. Quite impressive. In general I don't like CFE 223 in Grendel, as it's a powder engineered for M855 type usage with 62,000 psi optimized pressure (as best I can tell). When I run it lower pressure, I get inconsistenty and dirty burning, in my experience. But I have to say, 2550 fps with a 130gr bullet in Grendel, is nothing to sneeze at.

Nice find.

Bummer on the lack of AR Comp data. For the life of me, nobody seems to want to publish much on that powder.
      4x P100

Comment

• muvef
        Warrior
        • Mar 2017

I wouldn't try 30 grains of RL15 under a 120 grain projectile.

I was getting pressure signs at 27.5 grains if I remember correctly.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Tac and 4166 are the finds in the 129/130 class... still have room under the % full, plus I would load them out to 2.280-2.300 in my howa.
          The CFE, is listed at 108% full at max. 31.0... That's too compressed for my money. Although once upon a time I did load some AB's with CFE at about 30.6, again for a howa. ~2440 ft/s, 20" bbl.
          And, equivalent "CFE-like" loadings of lever are giving me about 100 ft/s more MV... but ymmv and usual disclaimers apply!
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• myrifle
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            Tac and 4166 are the finds in the 129/130 class... still have room under the % full, plus I would load them out to 2.280-2.300 in my howa.
            The CFE, is listed at 108% full at max. 31.0... That's too compressed for my money. Although once upon a time I did load some AB's with CFE at about 30.6, again for a howa. ~2440 ft/s, 20" bbl.
            And, equivalent "CFE-like" loadings of lever are giving me about 100 ft/s more MV... but ymmv and usual disclaimers apply!
            H4895 can do amazing things under a 129 ablr if you have a mag setup and barrel throat that allows loads in the 2.330 length.

Varget is another powder that under a 120 gold dot and a 2.300 coal length or longer will do some amazing speeds from a grendel bolt action.

You couldnt pay me too use cfe223 or leverevolution ever again. They are just too temp sensitive.

Some of these newer listed powders I'm going to have to give a try in my cz grendel and see what they can do at 2.300 are longer load lengths.

Comment

Working...
            X