• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

123gr ELDM doing work

1st shot was cold + clean bore. Always shoots high.

Rams were hard set for the big boys and I was playing with positions to see where it wouldnt fall. Getting things prepped for the next match.

1.660 CBTO
    28.2 8208XBR
    Lapua Brass
    CCI #41

SD is 7, Velocity is 2697 average.

Distance is 550 yards. Zero is 100 yards, up 3.3mil to target.

Video was taken with a potato strapped to a cell phone. (super cheap gosky spotting scope + the included cell phone mount for it)
    Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-24-2022, 10:19 PM.
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Shooting an animal in the nuts isn't exactly sportsman like. Most things shot there will go down though. What shooting position was that done with? Nice job!

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Prone while distracted with a chair at my feet. No rear rest, bipod only, single feeding rounds. I want a 38 or higher saturday so going by match rules to practice.
      Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-24-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• myrifle
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

I dont care what you shoot me with in the cods. You hit my cods I'm going down like the titanic lol.

Good shooting sir. And good luck at the match.

Comment

• fdbyrne78
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2017

2697 fps with a 123gr ELDM? I think I'd like to hear more about the rifle. I can't get close to that with a 20" barrel without destroying my brass. That's not me calling anyone out. I'm legitimately curious because that kind of velocity would be awesome.

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

28" krieger, the velocity comes at a cost of pure ridiculousness. My favorite gun by far.

It's the one in front (all 3 are grendel though)

Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-25-2022, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
              Chieftain
              • May 2020

Another 3rd, shot a 36

Uploading video of partial 385M turkeys since that was the only one I hit record on. Did catch a bonus target hit on video to share perspective of the challenge. This was my first shots of the match, and the only ones i remembered to actually record.

should play at 4k 60fps once youtube does its thing. I'm impressed at the ability to capture vapor trail using a $89.99 scope + cell phone.

Statistically... I know the effects of annealing now. Rams, I missed the 2 mini rams (also missed the 2 mini turkeys)
              Turkeys I will chalk up to first shots, not used to shooting position 1 and wind was kind of a little crazy. Rams, this is where I felt I had better accuracy with brass I annealed .1 second longer. There was noticeable difference in seating pressure between the 2 batches I did, and the "softer" ones shot better.

Same 28.2gr of XBR, same 123gr ELD, same 1.660 CBTO, same Lapua brass, annealed after sizing. Given the difficulty of the wind today, I think its time to try the 135gr A-tip I have been sitting on for a while and get a load going. The variability down range was a little too much for my liking with the 123, and in similar conditions the 130gr Norma trucking at 2500fps out of a 22" barrel was a bit better at shrugging off the breeze.

Back to the firing line tomorrow to see if br4 do anything interesting. Loaded 100, shot a total of 57 rounds. 40 + 4 for record (36 + 3 total score)

Will load up 20x same everything but br4 primers, retake velocity over the entire string and check the group size on paper.
              Last edited by Zeneffect; 05-29-2022, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Dub
                Bloodstained
                • May 2022

Originally posted by myrifle View Post
                I dont care what you shoot me with in the cods. You hit my cods I'm going down like the titanic lol.

Good shooting sir. And good luck at the match.
                True dat.

Comment

Working...
                X