• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iwottopq
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2022

310 Lyman tool

Hello to all.
    I must to reload my ammo directly on the range. There Is a 310 tool kit for the 6,5 Grandel? I serched on eBay but nothing...
    Thanks in Advance.
    Ciao
    Nino
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by iwottopq View Post
    Hello to all.
    I must to reload my ammo directly on the range. There Is a 310 tool kit for the 6,5 Grandel? I serched on eBay but nothing...
    Thanks in Advance.
    Ciao
    Nino
    Nino...

I used to collect Lyman 310 tools but I have never seen one for 6.5 Grendel. Found my old 310 tool catalog & it shows the only dies for 6.5mm ammo are for 6.5 Jap & 6.5 Mannlicher. I think there was one for .264 Win Mag too but I don't see it in the catalog. IIRC, I may have had one in my collection.

Do you still find 310 tools & tool parts in Italy?
    Last edited by Old Bob; 07-11-2022, 02:49 AM.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• iwottopq
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2022

Hello Old Bob.
      Yes, I can find some more kits in Italy. I have kits for .308, .38/357, .223 (that I use also for .222) and 2 handles. I use this kits directily on the range becouse the italian law do not permit to carry many ammo...but I can carry powders and primed brass...
      But...there Is a kit that Is adaptable to the 6,5 Grendel?
      Thanks again.
      Ciao
      Nino

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

I do not know if the LEE hand press is available in Italy, with ine you can fully reload at the range with one including sizing and priming your brass there. Advantage is using standard dies you would use on any press, Hornady Forrester, RCBS, Redding, LEE.....

The perfect portable reloading press kit. Begin reloading at once. No wasted time mounting to a work bench. Pack it all in the box when finished. Great for apartment dwellers or loading at the range.

Comment

• iwottopq
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2022

Originally posted by kmon View Post
          I do not know if the LEE hand press is available in Italy, with ine you can fully reload at the range with one including sizing and priming your brass there. Advantage is using standard dies you would use on any press, Hornady Forrester, RCBS, Redding, LEE.....

https://leeprecision.com/breech-lock...press-kit.html
          Hello Kmon.
          Yes, the Lee hand Press Is available in Italy and I forgot that I have One but the 310 toos Is so fascinaring...
          But your Is a Great idea...thanks...
          Ciao
          Nino

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

I also like the 310 but the Lee is handy for other calibers than what can be found in the dies for the 310. I have a 310 for the 45-70. I have even loaded paper patched lead bullets over black powder with it for the 1885 Winchester.

Comment

• iwottopq
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2022

Hello to all.
              Ok, therefore I Will use the Lee hand Press...
              Thanks ti your help I thinks that Is the best solution...
              Ciao
              Nino

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by iwottopq View Post
                Hello to all.
                Ok, therefore I Will use the Lee hand Press...
                Thanks ti your help I thinks that Is the best solution...
                Ciao
                Nino
                Nino,

I might jump in here with another possible solution. Put your normal press on a saw horse and transport it to the range with the legs folded (this is what i do).
                saw horse - Copy.jpg

Comment

• Old Bob
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2019

I have pistol & rifle sets with both large & small steel & aluminum handles (Lyman calls them Tongs). I also have a Lyman/Ideal Tru-Line Jr turret reloading press for 310 dies. I used them mostly for reloading black powder cartridges. I do have a .264 Win Mag die in my collection (Can't find a reference to it anywhere, but I have one!) & a 6.5 Jap too. I only have the neck sizer die for the 6.5 Jap. No neck expander, primer or bullet seater dies. I have a primer seater for the .264 Win Mag but no expander or bullet seater.
                  I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• iwottopq
                    Unwashed
                    • Jul 2022

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                    Nino,

I might jump in here with another possible solution. Put your normal press on a saw horse and transport it to the range with the legs folded (this is what i do).
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18974[/ATTACH]
                    Hello Klem.
                    Thanks for your idea, It Is so good but...but...but...Inuse normally a so heavy RCBS RCII plus the heavy of the dies, of the tablet, od the rest, of the Sand bag...I must to use a track!!!
                    In Italiy is not as in USA (wonderful and lucky country) but we shooters must to have a low profile...I do not Say It it Is clear...
                    A hand Press or a 310 toos I can put in the backpack far of prying eyes...
                    Thanks again
                    Ciao
                    Nino

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

Interesting to see how others "get it done"

Would the range owners/operators mind if you left the reloading equipment there, and only brought supplies as needed to reduce your carry amount, while having better reloading equipment available to you when needed?

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Nino,

Mmm, not too heavy really. Here's my settup. I unbolt the blue Dillon handgun press and fold the horse up with the Lyman single-stage to go to the range. Plus the weigh scales come too with a Li-ion battery pack. You can always put a blanket over it in the back. If stopped by the Police use the horse as a distraction - throw it out the window laughing as you crash through the barricade .

Seriously, I use the horse in the shed at home to do all my loading while sitting on a swivel chair. Turn the horse around when loading handgun. Works for me and just an idea.
                        loading horse - Copy.jpgscales - Copy.jpg

Zenes' idea of leaving your gear at the range is a good one. Bench resters here have sheds at the range where they leave their gear and lock up.

Klem

Comment

• iwottopq
                          Unwashed
                          • Jul 2022

Hello to all.
                          Yes, I can leave my loading gears at the range but...I frequent 4 ranges and anyone Is fare from the other...
                          But I can ask at the manager of the range close to me It I can leave basic gears at his range...good idea...
                          Thanks
                          Ciao
                          Nino

Comment

Working...
                          X