Lost my data book, can't find info, search fails me. 100gn A-max & 2520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my data book, can't find info, search fails me. 100gn A-max & 2520

I need min and max for 100g A-max's over AA2520 (and the spec primer for the set) (normally use CCI magnum primers in lapua brass).

I lost my load book and I haven't found anything in any of my manuals or online and even the PDF from AA is not seemingly available anymore.

Min and max for IMR3031, 4895, BL-C2, varget, and others are fairly easy to find but I'm having no luck with the data for 2520.

I had a load in my book that was just incredible too. longstringofcursewords.

nobody? Seriously, not one of you has the max load data?

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Almost no one shoots the 100 Amax because it isn't optimized for the Grendel, while the 123 is. (Different bullet shape). The 100 is a bit of a boat compared to the 123.

Comment

I'll grant that I have to seat it a few thousandths deeper into the case than any other bullet I've used or it stuffs it in the lands but the 100's give awesome results for me. I can't see why people don't use them. Small groups and pretty high velocities at the cost of a few thousandths under mag length COAL. Doesn't even dip into the powder room much.

Well... I'll just have to pull one apart and work up a new load and start looking for pressure signs.

thanks for the note.

how about max data for a 108g SMK then? I'll chop and work up from there. That's what I did to get the a-max's going anyway.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I shoot them but with IMR8208. My charge is 30gr. COL is 2.200 IIRC

Good hunting bullet for anything up to Texas Hill Country white tail. They don't get too big here and I'd use something heavier for South Texas bruisers.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

well... sorta solved it myself with excel and a bit too much research and math fun. I hate dealing with those kinds of equations, they're a PITA.

thanks anyway chaps.

BTw, for my purposes the answer comes out to 26-32grains. Though I'm not inclined to see what 32 grains does.

I think I'm going to go back to bl-c2. the smell is strong but I can use that 1 powder for almost anything in a non-magnum rifle.

Comment

Working...
            X