• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colbyshoots
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2019

Electronic Powder Dispenser/Dropper options

What does everyone use? What else have you tried and not liked?

I'm currently using a dipper, pouring it into a pan on a digital scale and then double checking it on a balance beam. This is becoming very tedious...
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-24-2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• trubulator
      Warrior
      • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
      How much are you willing to spend and what are your goals?

The RCBS ChargeMaster lite is decent, inexpensive and gets a lot of love.
      That is the one I have in mind, personally. Have been hand measuring my test load drops one by one. I did use my basic Lee powder measurer to load up a small run of my chosen load with H335 and it metered very well, but constantly checking the drop is a pain and not every powder meters that well. Will upgrade when budget permits.

Comment

• colbyshoots
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2019

How much are you willing to spend and what are your goals?

The RCBS ChargeMaster lite is decent, inexpensive and gets a lot of love.
        Well, I have $11 in my wallet currently. Anything more expensive than that and I'll have to consult the accountant/wife.

Goals? I guess I'd like an accurate powder dropper that works well with 8208XBR (extruded). I'm mainly going to be 600 yards and in but may venture to the 1200 yard line someday.

I am curious how the Frankford Arsenal, Hornady, Lyman, etc... droppers line up with the RCBS offerings.

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by colbyshoots View Post
          Well, I have $11 in my wallet currently. Anything more expensive than that and I'll have to consult the accountant/wife.

Goals? I guess I'd like an accurate powder dropper that works well with 8208XBR (extruded). I'm mainly going to be 600 yards and in but may venture to the 1200 yard line someday.

I am curious how the Frankford Arsenal, Hornady, Lyman, etc... droppers line up with the RCBS offerings.
          AutoTrickler V4 Since the original AutoTrickler was invented in 2016, it has become the go-to solution for long range shooters who need to measure accurate powder charges quickly. While the core concept of precisely dispensing onto a lab quality balance has never changed, the mechanical design has constantly improved w

A&D FX-120i is the ideal scale for your reloading bench. Superior accuracy and speed, at an affordable price for this laboratory grade scale. Always in stock. $580.00 USD - Free Shipping to The Lower 48

Comment

• trubulator
            Warrior
            • Aug 2022

AutoTrickler V4 Since the original AutoTrickler was invented in 2016, it has become the go-to solution for long range shooters who need to measure accurate powder charges quickly. While the core concept of precisely dispensing onto a lab quality balance has never changed, the mechanical design has constantly improved w

https://ceproducts.shop/products/fx-...-122g-x-0-001g

Hahaha, wow. I wish I were born with the kind of eyesight that would allow me to shoot that far and make use of something that precise.

Comment

• 603 Country
              Warrior
              • Apr 2022

Comment

• colbyshoots
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2019

https://ceproducts.shop/products/fx-...-122g-x-0-001g
                PRS is a possibility. My local range does a PRS style league every Thursday which tops out at 600 yards. My eventual goal is to stretch the Grendel out to 1000 yards though.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by colbyshoots View Post
                  PRS is a possibility. My local range does a PRS style league every Thursday which tops out at 600 yards. My eventual goal is to stretch the Grendel out to 1000 yards though.
                  Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-24-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by trubulator View Post
                    Hahaha, wow. I wish I were born with the kind of eyesight that would allow me to shoot that far and make use of something that precise.

Comment

• mtnlvr
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2019

Chargemaster 1500 works well for me. I'm not doing any competitions, but have shot to 1000 yds on several occasions. It doesn't dispense as fast as I would like, but I can fill the few seconds with other tasks. You can find these on sale for a good price, at least pre covid you could.

Comment

• Kosh65
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2021

Comment

• Zeneffect
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2020

Chargmemaster lite. For extruded powders like xbr it's great, for ball its slow as I trickle up to .01 accuracy so just throwing normally to about .1 under is faster than waiting on the rcbs in this case.

Comment

• outbreaker
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2018

Used the charge master and hated how it would get out of calibration and be inaccurate. I now use the frankford arsenal intellidropper and love it.

Comment

Working...
                            X