Hodgdon is discontinuing the IMR Enduron line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kmon View Post
    "I have some Grendel loads that work well in my rifles with 4166." Perhaps you missed that part in the OP.

I bought some shortly after it came out and in the boltaction using 123gr SSTs was getting 2400 from it COAL worked at 2.285 and velocity was right at 2390fps with better ES, SD an accuracy than I ever got with Hornady factory SST ammo in my CZ527 with a 22 inch Obermeyer barrel. Went another way for the hunting ammo 129gr LRAB for that rifle but though slower than my CFE loads it was a nice option to shoot. There were a few hogs that died to it so IMO it worked well enough. 4166 is not what I would use all the time but sometimes it is good to have other options.
    I hear you...All good (Yes, I missed that part).

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
      SH,

According to QL the solid density of those powders are;

4166 = 1.580 gms/cubic cm
      Varget = 1.600
      SWP = 1.600
      Interesting. It must be SWP's shorter cut vs. Varget.

On a separate note, I wonder if an Intellectual Property dispute is behind the scenes.
      Last edited by StoneHendge; 08-31-2022, 02:18 AM.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Worstletter
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2021

This is terrible news, I'm a big fan of 4166 in all my hunting loads. I use it for the temperature stabilizer. I have cold bore groups with perfect accuracy. 223, 556, 6.5 grendel, 7-08. Respectfully of course a 64gr TGK for both.224s, 95gr Vmax and the 150 TTSX. Of course. But this is what to expect from a monopoly.

Comment

• 37L1
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

JFYI, Powder Valley had the Enduron powders for a brief moment this afternoon. I just missed.

Keep your heads up, it's the first I have seen in a loooong time.

Comment

Working...
          X