• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daved20319
    Warrior
    • May 2019

LVR and Hornady 129 Interlock?

Looking for suggested load data, I'm seeing something in the neighborhood of 32 gr. for max charge with lighter bullets, but little info for the heavier ones. Load will be for an AR Grendel, SS 20" HB BCA side charger, rifle length gas system. Would also be interested in the same info for the 120 gr. Pro Hunter. Looking for a short range load, 50 yards max, for possible bear encounters, so velocity and expansion trumps gilt edge accuracy in this instance. Thanks!

Dave
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Do you have the Grendel Reloading Handbooks? Lots of loads in both books plus overall Grendel info. Volume II has data for LVR & the 129gr SST which should work for the 129gr Interlock bullet as well. Shows only MAX loads with two different primers. Reduce by 10% to get started.

Volume 1 & Volume 2 + 6.5 Grendel / 6mm AR Chamber Brushes Volume 1: AR-15 Reloading Basics Volume 2: Reloading for Hunting Two Pack of 6.5 Grendel / 6mm AR Chamber Brushes *** IMPORTANT *** SHIPS US Domestic (Includes Alaska & Hawaii)
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• daved20319
      Warrior
      • May 2019

Thanks, Bob, but not really what I was looking for, I've got plenty of loading manuals, I'd rather spend my money on components rather than add another. I guess I'll stick with powders that are tested for the application, by the major players, the LVR can either stay on the shelf, or get traded off on something I'll actually use. Later.

Dave

Comment

• Old Bob
        Warrior
        • Oct 2019

The handbooks are Grendel specific. There's a lot more info besides load data. They're still worth having.
        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Harpoon1 makes the point in another thread that LVR and CFE223 are very similar. I've personally gone as high at 30.9 grains with 130's but settled on 30.6.

I did some 5-shot group/ES testing today using the same charge of LeverEvolution (30.7) with 6 different bullets. I tested using an 18" Faxon barreled AR, 5-shots per projectile, 100 yds, 65 degrees, no wind. I used a Magnetospeed chrono to track velocities. Bullets included 120 Gold Dot, 120 Pro Hunter, 123 ELD-M, 123

The 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook was the best money I ever spent on this cartridge.
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

30.9 with 130gr bergers is a pet load for me. 2.3 coal so fits in a steep mag

Comment

Working...
            X