• Show
Clear All
  • stubenwurm
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2021

Reloading under several European Problems

Hello from Germany.
    Maybe here i found some help.
    I own a custom AR15 build from Waffen Burk in Germany with a 18'' Barrel.
    I have to use leadfree bullets for huting where i live and i have a smaller variity of powders here in Germany.
    What Kind of bullets and powder can you recommend for this mad hunting situation.
    I can use possible powders -> Vihtavuori N133/N135/N140, Lovex D073.4 (similar to Accurate 2230) and Reload Swiss RS40/RS52.
    Bullets are Hornady GMX 120gr, Fox 100gr.
    Somebody tried the components and found a good hunting load?
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

SW,

If those are the only powders available then the RS and Lovex are better choices for efficiency in that length of barrel. The VV powders are on the slow side and you'd be better off with N130 and N530 if you can find them. For that weight of bullet I prefer 8208.

Comment

• stubenwurm
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2021

Now i tried two loads with RS40 and 100gr Fox Classic. 26gr RS40 and after ther are no sings of high pressure and i measured the volume of the lapua brass from my gun, i tried 28gr RS40 for two loads.
        Volume of the brass is 36gr H2O L6 with the Fox is 56,3mm after a crimp.
        My other testload is 28gr RS40 same Lapua brass L6 57,1mm with a 100gr Lapua Scenar.
        The Fox performs acceptable with groups arround 35-40mm, but the Lapua Load is performing very poor, groups arround 80mm.
        Should i raise the powder or adjust the seating depth? Or should i change the bullet to 120gr Lapua Scenar?

Comment

Working...
        X