• Mar 2018

Cast Bullets 6.5 Grendel.

I picked up a NOE 266-126 NOE mold.

Any one also shooting cast.

CW
  • Honus
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2020

CW, I have the same mold. It casts beautiful bullets, but after powder coating, the bore ridding nose is a bit tight for my AR Grendel, but recently, I've come up with a nose sizing setup.

Comment

• cwlongshot
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

I have only made one dummy. But it function tested perfectly in my Howa and BCA bbl.

When powder coating for a GC bullet I always coat using a thin powder and sift down the coating much more then a regular coating.

Keeps GC problems to a minimum and side effect is less nose issues.

CW

Comment

• Honus
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2020

I install gas checks first and then powder coat with a thin coat of Smoke's Clear. I then size the bullet body and nose with NOE straight line sizers. As cast the bore ridding nose is .015" too large even before the PC. (.256"/ .265")

Comment

• cwlongshot
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

REALLY!!

What is the firearm? I ran mine in a factory Howa mini and a Bear Creek bbl. My buddy was sent home with some for his CZ but I have not herd if he tried them.

Im sending some to another buddy for a independent test comparing PB with GC and .265 & .266 diameters. All bullets cast from same alloy at same time. Ill do exact same test with exact same alloy and Cast.

CW

Comment

• Honus
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2020

As cast from clip on wheel weights, the bore ridding nose section measures .2565" which is just kissing the lands of my stainless 20 inch AR barrel. That is perfect without the powder coat. Add a little over .001" of smoke's clear and the lands are engraving the nose when chambered. Too fat to risk leaving a bullet in the chamber in the field. I'm still experimenting with the best nose diameter. .256" and .257" are my two options at this point.
            I haven't tried the non gas check version of that mold. I see Al has it available again.
            Last edited by Honus; 11-23-2022, 10:20 AM. Reason: too many Os in to.

Comment

• cwlongshot
              Warrior
              • Mar 2018

I picked up a 2 cav one gc one pb to try.

Zero issues chambering but intended use in bolt gun. Engraving isnt bad there. Ill be testing .265 & .266 from three bolt rifles 2 Howas & a CZ.

CW

Comment

Working...
              X