X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark611
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

Ok I'll refer to this as a .136 face, also my OAL from base to tip is 2.260 and the 28.5gns was a compressed load! IMO if your getting the numbers you claim from a 16'' barrel you must know something a lot of the rest of us don't know? I'm using Hornady Brass WSP or #41CCI primers, I'm not going to use CCI 450 magnum primers, nor does the load data I have from the powder manufactures, but I appreciate your time my friend and your input, I will continue my own research on load development until 1 of the powder manufactures produces a powder that works for this cartridge, I have a lot of the claim to fame powders that are suppose to work, but so far they don't for me!

Comment

• BluteEhre
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2018

From what I understand the cci41 and 450(small rifle mag) primers have the same charge anyways.. just the cup of the 41 is thicker. So that shouldnt change velocity.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Mark611 View Post
        Ok I'll refer to this as a .136 face, also my OAL from base to tip is 2.260 and the 28.5gns was a compressed load! IMO if your getting the numbers you claim from a 16'' barrel you must know something a lot of the rest of us don't know? I'm using Hornady Brass WSP or #41CCI primers, I'm not going to use CCI 450 magnum primers, nor does the load data I have from the powder manufactures, but I appreciate your time my friend and your input, I will continue my own research on load development until 1 of the powder manufactures produces a powder that works for this cartridge, I have a lot of the claim to fame powders that are suppose to work, but so far they don't for me!
        I just wanted to see where CFE223 would depart the trend line, not look for higher velocity loads that I thought I could produce. My go-to CFE223 load under 123gr cup and core bullets is 31.2gr, which gave me roughly 2500fps in that barrel.

129gr
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• lazyengineer
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by BluteEhre View Post
          From what I understand the cci41 and 450(small rifle mag) primers have the same charge anyways.. just the cup of the 41 is thicker. So that shouldnt change velocity.
          On this item: They are not. Learned this the hard way with SRP 6.5CM brass. CCI450- hangfire. CCI41 = good fire. Johnny's Reloading discovered the exact same thing as well. A 41 is hotter than a 450.
          4x P100

Comment

• Mark611
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

Good info LE, I did not know the 41 was hotter than the 450, so I know it not the primer

Comment

• BluteEhre
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2018

First time Ive heard that the charge is different. I know theyre harder to seat so between swapping them back and forth and using the same seating pressure, seating depths would be different.

Comment

Working...
              X