• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Eric Cortina Podcast with Dan Newberry of OCW

Last edited by Harpoon1; 03-21-2023, 05:50 PM.
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Lot of good info in the video.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

They may not work for all rifles/barrels, but certainly can work for some or most.

Harmonics are not something most folks can see and adjust accordingly, at least not yet, so it generally get based on resultant shot impact locations/groups, which may be influence by numerous other factors. There may be a point on all rifles where the accuracy just won't improve beyond a certain point, no matter how good you get the harmonics. On others, as noted in the article, patience and diligence in properly tuning a barrel are important. A lot of folks are neither, or just get upset when the results are not as improved as they had hoped.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Watching this video, I have changed my estimation of Eric... I understand where he's coming from much better.
        Great seeing the talking back and forth with Dan. Think I might look up some other ones of Eric's.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Wethepeople
          Warrior
          • Jan 2020

My take with respect to tuners. I've had a factory Browning Abolt with their Boss system tuner for over 25? years. Works decently to make factory box ammo shoot a little better for me. It doesn't make cheaper box ammo shoot as well as premium factory or bench ammo that the barrel likes better.
          I get to shoot with a present and former world record holder in fclass and palma on occasion. He, nor his partner shoot tuners. I think Dave has held 4 or 5 WRs over the years.
          I dont know how many present WRs in fclass or palma are currently held by shooters using tuners or match rules at that level of competition. From my experience, tuners can help make a fractional improvement. Shootng skills being equal, whether those improvements are significant enough to exceed a fractionally better performing barrel and set records is beyond my ability to measure. For that's where the rubber meets the road in my antedotal estimation.

Comment

• Oryx
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2021

He also won the world F-Class championships in South Africa last week

Comment

Working...
            X