• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Cutting Edge Bullets Load Data

I'm starting this thread to document my load work up for cutting edge bullets. I'm planning an elk hunt out west in '24, so I'm in search of the best possible 6.5 Grendel hunting bullet on the market for my 16" Precision Firearms Bartlein barrel primarily and my 11.5" Lilja barrel as secondary. All intelligent discussion is welcomed as well as any load, range, or on target data anyone has for cutting edge bullets.

16" Precision Firearms Bartlein Barrel Data

11.5" Lilja Barrel Data

Velocity collected with a magnetospeed at yesterday's range trip.
    16" Barrel
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ow8VF6]
    11.5" Barrel
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ow6ABS]
    Last edited by cory; 04-26-2023, 09:48 PM.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Cutting Edge Lazer Tipped HP 125gr

These have great potential, but unfortunately they're not going to work in the Grendel at least not in an AR. I had to seat them so deep that the edge of the case was no longer contacting the bullet. I don't think these were stabile in my rifle, as you can see from the target at 300 yards.

16" Ladder

Waste of a good target.

Post Brass.

Last edited by cory; 04-26-2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Cutting Edge ER Raptor 110gr

These are showing a lot of promise for both barrels.

Ladder
      16"

11.5" Plannned

Target at 300
      Last edited by cory; 04-26-2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

The following is the bullet analysis I did to come up with my initial charges. Right or wrong not having much to start with on these, this seemed the most promising after trying it a few different ways.

Comment

Working...
        X