• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ocharry
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2022

Barns tx bullets

hey guys i ordered some of this Barnes VOR-TX 6.5 Grendel 115gr TAC-TX loaded ammo from blue collar reloading just to try it

would like to find some factory stuff my rifle likes...she dont care much for the hornady black with sst bullet...but could use it in a pinch i guess

i have good loads worked up with the sierra 105 blitzking and sierra 120 pro hunter...never tried these copper bullets before and i saw a sale for just the bullets and then this loaded stuff came up and i ordered 3 boxes..just to try i guess..but if these fly and show good terminal performance i might have to get some bullets too

so any you guys and gals got the skinny on this bullet....good performer or not so good??? just curious lol...guees i will find out when they get here...but would be nice to have a factory load to lean on if need be

lol...all else fails i guess i got 60 more brass...so it aint all lost ..lol

thanks
    ocharry
  • 603Country
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2023

Comment

• drewthebrave
      Warrior
      • Aug 2016

There is a sticky thread about these in this very forum. Click the link and scroll down to post 18:

For the Grendel Horde’s convenience, I have compiled my results for a sampling of .264 caliber lead-free projectiles (LFPs). Also included are results from testing an experimental LFP, the 90g Cereberus, developed by our very own BluntForceTrama et. al. The main goal of this work was to give the Grendel reloader a single

Barnes says the 115gr should expand down to 1600 fps on game, but in ballistic gel they need to be around 1900 fps for reliable expansion. The Barnes chopper bullets are devastating on game in just about every caliber - as long as they have enough velocity - usually at ~1800 fps or faster, but that varies some per bullet weight/caliber. I'm a big fan of the 62gr and 70gr in 5.56 and have the 100gr and 115gr on my list to try in 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• ocharry
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2022

thanks drew...lol...man its a good thing that sticky stuff wasnt a bear....guess i need to get my head screwed on straight and look a little closer...duhh

ocharry

Comment

Working...
        X