• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 603Country
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2023

Winchester 41 primers

Today was the first time using them. They all went bang, and accuracy was good. I suppose this is the new Lake City primer.
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Yea, still need to tweak the load a little. Groups are different than cci #41but velocity was about the same

Comment

• 603Country
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2023

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

I had a small number (3 or 4) of fail to fires with the win 41's, so I put them aside for my cci 41s, at least for now. All of the misfires were in a couple bolt guns, 450's and cci's work fine. cci 41's and 450's in my ARs and bolts are gtg. Wonder if anyone else had some trouble?
        It might not be the win's but maybe the combo, maybe they just need that sharper smack from an AR... anyone else see any of this?
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Zeneffect
          Chieftain
          • May 2020

i havent made it through 1000 of the winchesters yet but so far no issues in the first 400.

cci 41 I had 1 bad one in 5000.. and im not 100% sure it wasnt my fault with something left behind that could have fouled the primer.

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
            Yea, still need to tweak the load a little. Groups are different than cci #41but velocity was about the same

Comment

• Zeneffect
              Chieftain
              • May 2020

Staball Match. It went bang. nothing special, does as advertised. When I said tweak slightly, I meant like play with seating depth again within .002-.003 to bring the group size back if it changed at all.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
                Staball Match. It went bang. nothing special, does as advertised. When I said tweak slightly, I meant like play with seating depth again within .002-.003 to bring the group size back if it changed at all.
                Roger that!

Comment

Working...
                X