Anyone got a picture of lapua scenar 100gr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

Anyone got a picture of lapua scenar 100gr?

Or things like bearing surface and overall length.

Looks interesting for a 100gr pill. If the 108s are like the 123s then what is this comparable to in size?
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Midway USA has 'em ...

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Yep, I want to know dimensions though. If they can do 2800+ out of a 22" then I might have some plans.

Comment

• Old Bob
        Warrior
        • Oct 2019

Lapua data for the 100gr Scenar bullet ...

The Lapua Scenar bullets are the first choice for superior accuracy. The Scenar is an open tip match bullet with a boat tail design, perfect for competetive shooting in a multitude of events.

I found a website where it's admin was collecting bullet length data for just about every bullet that's ever been made. https://jbmballistics.com/ballistics.../lengths.shtml

They show this length for .264" 100gr Scenar bullets: Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 04-59-07 JBM - Bullet Length List.png
        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Zeneffect
          Chieftain
          • May 2020

.264 is the length? Same as diameter?!?!? Nah.. bad copy/paste. Jbmbalistics is helpful though thank you. Per list they are a hair shorter than the 107 smk. They should hit 2800 no problem, and high 2700s with staball match which is where I might start because it's a fairly easy to work with powder and I have 105gr data for it.
          Last edited by Zeneffect; 09-28-2023, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

100 Scenar on the left, 123 Scenar on the right.

100vs123.jpg
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Cutback
              Unwashed
              • Jun 2023

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
              .264 is the length? Same as diameter?!?!? Nah.. bad copy/paste. Jbmbalistics is helpful though thank you. Per list they are a hair shorter than the 107 smk. They should hit 2800 no problem, and high 2700s with staball match which is where I might start because it's a fairly easy to work with powder and I have 105gr data for it.
              Hey Zen, if you decide to give the 100's ago, please keep us updated. Your contributions on the 105 sierra blitzkings were excellent and encouraged me to give them a try. I had very good results and your thorough input, saved me a bunch of time...
              "Old enough to know better"

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

I have 200 in hand now. It's longer overall than the 105s, but it's because the boat tail is longer. From boat tail forward they look about the same. Looks like it's going to do basically the same thing as the 105s on paper. Drop, wind deflection, etc all look identical... not sure they are worth the extra $$$. They would have to be significantly faster the 105s for me to continue purchasing them (which I highly doubt)
                Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-02-2023, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X