• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schleutj
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2021

Help Ordered wrong Bergers

Last edited by Schleutj; 10-17-2023, 12:52 AM.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

There might be a typo in your OP, 130 cold - haven't heard of those. Did you mean 130 VLD (hunting)?
    If so, then in general yes, however the longer ogive and secant shape makes this a longer bullet, so might change how much has to sit down into the case volume to make your OAL for the chamber, thus possibly crimping your powder charge.
    If you have mags that limit you to strictly 2.260 it could be a bit of a problem.
    Some mags allow up to 2.290 even 2.295 (that I know of)...
    and in a bolt action you could have even more allowed OAL...
    So that's going to be the thing to check if you decide to keep them.
    Being same overall weight and same mfr is in your favor.
    Just check the required seating depth to see if your powder charge is still ok.
    Might have to load them down a bit... but only loading/comparing will tell you.

I have some 129 ABLR's which are long, and I load them out to ~2.290", they shoot fine from my gun, not sure how accurate they are yet, but I can load and shoot them.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Schleutj
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2021

Yes. Stupid auto correct. I ended up with the 130 vld hunting boolit. I mainly use Elander mags and those are pretty tight at the 2.260 oal. I will have to try a couple rounds loading them and see.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

For more room, use the duramags, or ASC, or (I think) Cproducts as well.
        The duramags have up to 2.295.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

ps, I hate auto-correct. It's more like auto-dumb.
          If this is "AI", we're not in any trouble.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

I think Double Naught Spy has some hog information on those bullets perhaps a google search or custom search tool would find it. I haven't hunted with the 130gr Berger OTM bullets but they are the most accurate Bullet I have shot in my bolt action Grendel. I got 500 of the OTMs from a friend and ammo manufacture before you could order the bullets.

My load for the 129gr accubonds is the same as for my OTMs and groups are about 1/4 inch larger at 100 yards but I really like the LRAB for hunting. The few times I have used Berger bullets for hunting I was not impressed.

Comment

Working...
            X