• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post

Samsquatch

Super late to the party, but a Canadian comedy called Trailer Park Boys focused a lot on Samsqanch... language warnings

Comment

• Fess
      Warrior
      • Jun 2019

Back when the Grendel was young and I had more hair, I seem to recall seeing a couple of Lapua Scenars sectioned with both having essentially the same jacket but with differing amounts of lead core. I think it was the 123 and 108. In other words, the idea of the 100 VT is not new, although the Lapuas were not sold as hunting bullets. I remember that Arne Brennan preferred the lighter bullet, even at 1000. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Fess View Post
        Back when the Grendel was young and I had more hair, I seem to recall seeing a couple of Lapua Scenars sectioned with both having essentially the same jacket but with differing amounts of lead core. I think it was the 123 and 108. In other words, the idea of the 100 VT is not new, although the Lapuas were not sold as hunting bullets. I remember that Arne Brennan preferred the lighter bullet, even at 1000. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison.
        Yup. 108gr Scenar is a 123gr Scenar with less lead inside. Arne liked the 108gr for how flat it was I think, but he also liked some of the custom 130gr JLKs if I recall.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
          Chieftain
          • May 2020

Are bullets available or loaded ammo only still? The sierra 105s just don't leave a good mark on steel consistently
          Last edited by Zeneffect; 04-21-2024, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
            Are bullets available or loaded ammo only still? The sierra 105s just don't leave a good mark on steel consistently
            I'm wondering as well. I've been looking but haven't found any for sale yet.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Due to price/performance, the 100gr ELD-VT seems like it will be great for duplicating or exceeding any of the 6mm AR variants in the AR-15 with the 100-108gr bullets.

100gr can do 2790-2900fps from a 24” Grendel with the max LVR load at 49,800psi.

22”: 2862fps

20”: 2819fps

18”: 2770fps

16”: 2713fps

14.5”: 2664fps

12”: 2563fps
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• shermanempire
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2020

Originally posted by biodsl View Post

I'm wondering as well. I've been looking but haven't found any for sale yet.
                I did see the VT bullets for sale recently but looks they sold out again, powdervalley has a listing for them

Comment

Working...
                X