• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDW
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Prvi Partizan Brass -- any good?

Anyone have anything to say, good or bad, about Prvi Partizan 6.5G brass?
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

I dont like it. The few pieces I still have look too much like lapua and I get it mixed in sometimes. That's the only reason and it's a dumb one.

Feels heavier than hornady, is harder to work, and lights up like a Christmas tree when induction annealing compared to lapua, starline, or hornady.

What that means to you is what you make of it. I didn't find flash holes to be particularly bad, and I've never shot any to failure. The brass material is quite different to everyone else though, unsure if that's in a good or bad way... just different.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

There are better options. Starline is good stuff and affordable.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• SDW
        Warrior
        • Jul 2018

Thanks guys for the warnings. Midway has it in stock right now so I thought I'd ask. Hornady is slightly better priced there, but it's not in stock at the moment.

I don't really need any new brass right now. Have a comfortable amount Starline and Hornady (both new and once or twice fired). I was just wondering if PP was something worth grabbing. Sounds like I can pass on it and keep my money.

BTW, I'm nowhere near advanced enough to get into annealing brass. Maybe someday.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Comment

• SDW
            Warrior
            • Jul 2018

Thank you! I hadn't checked there lately. Good price. Great idea. I will hit that up.

As for the PPU brass, I might get some, not Grendel but in .303BR. For whatever reason, it's well regarded among .303 reloaders anyway. I was just reading that. And Midway has a good price right now.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• SDW
                Warrior
                • Jul 2018

Thanks. I'll stick with Hornady and Starline I guess. I do have some Federal, left over from factory ammo I got awhile back. Maybe just 50 or 100 of them. I've read that Federal brass is so rare that some believe it never existed.

I'll get some of BFT's Starline for now. Equates to $29/50-ct, which is much cheaper than Midway, Graffs, etc. right now.

Comment

• Former Cav
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2019

NEW Starline Brass, 6.5 Grendel Bags of 100 cases Unprimed, Small Rifle Primer Pockets This Is NOT Loaded Ammunition

60 bucks a hundred. good stuff. good outfit. they ship fast.

Comment

• cagray07
                    Unwashed
                    • Sep 2022

Beats nothing. I'm on my 3rd loading on some of mine.

Comment

• SDW
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by cagray07 View Post
                      Beats nothing. I'm on my 3rd loading on some of mine.
                      Yeah for sure. Better than no brass at all, definitely. FWIW, I got some of the PP .303BR brass from Midway last week. FWIW, the .303 brass has great reviews anyway. And it wasn't expensive by 2023 standards.

I bought a couple of bags (100/ct) from SixFive last week also. I think he's actually the best value at the moment for Starline. Druid's pretty close though. Good to keep in mind. Thanks Cav!

That'll be my brass buying for the next couple of years I think. I have a bunch now, plus some loaded ammo I need to "empty".

Comment

Working...
                      X