• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpstan
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2015

Upgrading from Rockchucker to Co-Ax

It's been 6 years since the post discussing T7 vs Co-Ax-- so I hope I'm beyond the statute of limitations for redundant posts. I believe I understand the differences between these two presses, and I'm concluding that a Co-Ax makes sense for me. Looking foward to simplyfing my workflow. Also, doesn't hurt that I'd be in good company.

Would experienced folks venture to suggest what I might use my Rockchucker for if I keep it- bullet puller? Other? I have a lot of bench space.....

I shoot and reload 6.5 x 55 Swede, 204 Ruger, and 6.5 Grendel. My wife shoots 357 and I may get a lever action in same caliber, so some potential for reloading there as well.

Thanks

mpstan
  • richj
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

bullet puller, primer,

Comment

• Harpoon1
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mpstan View Post
      It's been 6 years since the post discussing T7 vs Co-Ax-- so I hope I'm beyond the statute of limitations for redundant posts. I believe I understand the differences between these two presses, and I'm concluding that a Co-Ax makes sense for me. Looking foward to simplyfing my workflow. Also, doesn't hurt that I'd be in good company.

Would experienced folks venture to suggest what I might use my Rockchucker for if I keep it- bullet puller? Other? I have a lot of bench space.....

I shoot and reload 6.5 x 55 Swede, 204 Ruger, and 6.5 Grendel. My wife shoots 357 and I may get a lever action in same caliber, so some potential for reloading there as well.

Thanks

mpstan
      964D25B2-D267-410E-94F2-EE1D5B6E4C8F.jpeg
      Last edited by Harpoon1; 11-14-2023, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mpstan View Post

Thanks

mpstan
        MPS:

I recall those posts and I believe they were in response to guys asking which was better for them so they could make a decision on what one to buy. The Co Ax came out ahead for most guys.

Not a lot wrong with the Rock Chucker providing RCBS made it so the ram is in good alignment.

In terms of speed of reloading, both are about as fast. The Co Ax is easier to change dies but a huge PITA to flip over the shell holder as Harpoon 1 said.

Best bet is to use the Co Ax when you demand as little cartridge run out as possible and the Rock Chucker for things as it is convenient.

If you are going into lever guns and pistols / revolvers and intend on shooting more than about fifty rounds a week, you may want to look into a turret or a progressive. Gets really tedious loading pistol ammo on a single stage.

LR-55

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

i use my Turret press for handgun cartridges, best thing for the Coax I have added is https://www.forsterproducts.com/prod...r-co-ax-press/ but I do load from very small 22 Hornet to belted magnums on it. That does make changing out for different sizes easier.

The quick-change is cheaper on Amazon

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by kmon View Post
            i use my Turret press for handgun cartridges, best thing for the Coax I have added is https://www.forsterproducts.com/prod...r-co-ax-press/ but I do load from very small 22 Hornet to belted magnums on it. That does make changing out for different sizes easier.

The quick-change is cheaper on Amazon
            Last edited by Harpoon1; 11-16-2023, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

H1:

Me too. Always get nervous when I have to flop the jaws over. Tiny springs, large and cluttered reloading area. Not a good combination. The priming system on a Co Ax must have been an afterthought and done just to check a box. Total PITA.

LR-55

Comment

Working...
              X