X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

No bullet deformation. Bullets are more solid than case mouths and act like a mandrel when seated. This is why you can remove the expander ball of a sizing die and still load quality ammo. Even if the case mouth is not exactly round the seated bullet will deform it like a mandrel into perfectly round. So, if anything is going to deform as they come together it will be the case mouth.

I don't crimp although have tried it with a Hornady taper crimp die. Gives no better accuracy than just using stout .004" neck tension, and no doubt quality Lapua brass helps.

Comment

• Koda
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2023

Mine don't move anymore.
      Another thing I do is before seating I use isopropyl alcohol on a qtip and wipe off all case lube remaining in the neck inside diameter. Seat and crimp.

Comment

• BluteEhre
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2018

I do the rubbing alcohol swab as well. How are you chambering your rounds Koda, on page one i couldnt tell if your tests for less than .003" coal increase where loads that were being slammed home with the bolt release(mimicing semi auto use) or more geared toward getting the desired result.

Comment

• Koda
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2023

Originally posted by BluteEhre View Post
          I do the rubbing alcohol swab as well. How are you chambering your rounds Koda, on page one i couldnt tell if your tests for less than .003" coal increase where loads that were being slammed home with the bolt release(mimicing semi auto use) or more geared toward getting the desired result.
          For my inertia test I let the BCG slam home with the bolt release. I was able to do that 5 times on 2 or 3 cases without any change in coal. I stopped at 5 thinking that was enough.

Comment

Working...
          X