• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ike838
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Interesting load database

Just thumbing through it now. Seems like useful info.
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

i joined loaddata.com it has served me well. but it costs 30 bucks a year. the site you found is very good
    Last edited by dammitman; 01-13-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
      Warrior
      • Sep 2023

That is a pretty complete listing of load data, but I find Paul's (LRRPF52) data works for me. A couple things I really like about Paul's data.

1) he captures most all of the useful up to date info and it's a reflection of what we can get today.
      2) This probably seems minor, but I really like the ring binder, it makes it easy to sort through. Vol 2 has a lot of loads.

I don't know which has more, shooter's reference or the 6.5 Grendal Reloading Handbook, but the Handbook has most all of the data I need,
      and as a bonus it has the ring binder. As an additional bonus, we have Paul providing updates to the data he has, so I find it complete enough
      for me.

KW
      From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
          Warrior
          • Sep 2023

Well, I give you more credit than that as you keep track of the data and post it often here on this forum.

I use the Hodgdon site and the Hornady App, but I'm gonna buy the hard copy of Hornady's 12th edition of the Reloading Manual when it comes out. I'm hoping the add a cartridge. Those 2 sites usually have similar bullets I use, and

The best thing about the handbooks are the format you print it on. the pages are thick, the size of the book is a manageable size and the ring binder make it practical. I'm sure the ring binder doesn't sound like much, but all the other reloading manuals I have are hard copy bound and have a tendacy to flip off my desk if I don't bend/destroy the binding. Your handbooks are very nice to use as a reference.

I'm sure all of our mileage varies but there's enough data in the Volume 2 chart, it's all I need for 6.5 Grendel. The Hornady 11th Edition has pretty good data for 300 blackout, but 6.5 Grendel less so. Your handbooks are the 6.5 Grendel bible, IMO.

My one complaint with all of these reloading references is that the barrel length and twist is often not the same as I'm using.

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
            Warrior
            • Oct 2014

ike838- I've seen this data before- always good to have more data to compare- one weird thing I noticed was with 123gr sierra hpbt and H335, just changing the primer from Fed205 to Fed 205M went from 26.9gr max to 28.7gr max? strange! (both used Horn. cases)
            also similar 123gr hpbt with XBR8208 again both with Hornady cases- just changing primer Fed205 to Fed205M changed max by 1.5 grains? just caught my attention as strange.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
              Warrior
              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by A.D.D. AR View Post
              ike838- I've seen this data before- always good to have more data to compare- one weird thing I noticed was with 123gr sierra hpbt and H335, just changing the primer from Fed205 to Fed 205M went from 26.9gr max to 28.7gr max? strange! (both used Horn. cases)
              also similar 123gr hpbt with XBR8208 again both with Hornady cases- just changing primer Fed205 to Fed205M changed max by 1.5 grains? just caught my attention as strange.
              Also,some of the data on the Hodgdon site lists the max load with H335 as having a max load of 28 grains where other data puts it at 30 grains as the max. For the same size bullet.

In general, there is so much load info in the 6.5 Grended Reloading Handbook that it would be sufficient to use the Reloading Manuals as the sole source of info.

I also find that primer info interesting. I have a lot of Federal GM205MAR small rifle match for ARS, they are supposed to be like the CCI military primers that prevent lite primer strikes.

KW

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
                Warrior
                • Sep 2023

Originally posted by A.D.D. AR View Post
                Also,some of the data on the Hodgdon site lists the max load with H335 as having a max load of 28 grains where other data puts it at 30 grains as the max. For the same size bullet.

In general, there is so much load info in the 6.5 Grended Reloading Handbook that it would be sufficient to use the Reloading Manuals as the sole source of info.

I also find that primer info interesting. I have a lot of Federal GM205MAR small rifle match for ARS, they are supposed to be like the CCI military primers that prevent lite primer strikes.

KW

Comment

Working...
                X