Best all around ammo for the 6.5 Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best all around ammo for the 6.5 Grendel?

Hello all. I know there are many "This is a good one" ammo posts on here, BUT. I'm looking for a a definitive answer to the best, 6.5 Grendel round. (More specifically, a round that would work best in my 6.5 with a 16" barrel).

Sorry if there is another post on this exact topic, I couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Also - I know a lot of you will say "Well it depends on what your using it for". Lets use a hypothetical, How about Zombie hunting and Range shooting? Maybe 500-700yrds? (Yes I know that may be hard with a 16" Barrel) I'm looking to upgrade to a 18" or 20". Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Hornady 123gr A-max should suit your needs, and is reasonably priced.
      Drifter

Comment

Hornady 123gr A-max should suit your needs, and is reasonably priced.
        +1 The 123g Amax was specifically designed for the Grendel!!

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
          +1 The 123g Amax was specifically designed for the Grendel!!
          I'll third it!!!

Except for use on Zombies--- in that instance I'd opt for the Wolf Gold 120gr. MPT loading for two reasons:

1.) Wolf MPTs can be stockpiled deeper per dollar (which is an important consideration when accounting for massive populations of undead)

2.) Zombies appear to have some strange susceptibility to Serbian copper alloys. I don't know why, but besides the normal splatter we seem to find an enhanced withering effect around the margins of the wounds. That could come in handy should you wing one and not get to finish him off during your flight from the scene. We'd hate for him to catch up and chew on you later...
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I 4th it!!
            Hornady if you want great ammo and a resaonable price.
            I also agree with Variable, wolf MPT is good for plinking and to stock up on in case the SHTF...

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Yep.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Glad to see there are other people in the world thinking like I do =P I think I will stick with the 123g Hornady (from all of your reviews) Thanks a lot everyone. Might stock up on the wolf also, just to be ready for the zombie hordes =P

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

Zombies ........ or cannibalistic people high on "bath salts" ?

Comment

Or drunken wookies with permanent, club-inflcited dain bramage and a propensity for smoking crack cocaine & PCP.

Comment

I have discovered that "Let the Wookie win" is excellent domestic advice.

But, I am not the Wookie...

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        Or drunken wookies with permanent, club-inflcited dain bramage and a propensity for smoking crack cocaine & PCP.
                        Dangit! Quit making me spit on the screen!LOL Redman ain't fun to scrub off the ipad...
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                        X