Factory Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Loads

Just shot my new AA barrel/build that finally got here after 5 1/2 months. Other than a horrible trigger, gritty and 3 stage, the barrel shows great promise. Three shot groups averaged .75-1 MOA at 100 yards. This happened to be with Hornady and the AA load with 115 grain Bergers. The Bergers shot to the same POI and grouped a hair better than the 123 grain Amax loads. I now need a good trigger. The Burris 4.5x14 with B-Plex was up to the task. Working on drop with the stadia wires out to 400 yards. Just a bare bones build which came in at a bit under $1000 without the scope. Picture to follow when I get around to it.

Great report. Let us know what route you want to go with the trigger. You can do a decent weight reduction and feel improvement on it by polishing the sear engagement areas and using reduced power springs, or buy a nice trigger for it.

There is also factory ammo from Precision Firearms that is pretty sweet, using Lapua brass and quality projectiles. I'm getting 24" velocity with the PF 123gr Lapua Scenars out of my 16" Grendel, with no pressure signs, and .79 MOA for 4-round groups out of an el cheepo button-rifled Shaw pipe. Can't complain.

Comment

Working...
    X