• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on Grendel Brass

Alexander Arms has their Lapua brass on sale for Labor Day, $55/100

• kbarnes12
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to order some next week, but I am taking advantage of this deal now.
    sigpic
    Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

Me too, I was going to order some brass. Thanks.

I see AA also has $30 off their lowers.

Comment

• michaelmew

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
        Can anyone read what the caliber stamp says? I read in the description that it is .223 compatible. I think it would be cool to build one that says Grendel for my Grendel. I'm in Texas, remind me again what the difference is between the caliber stamps, 5.56 / multi / etc. Thanks

-mm

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by michaelmew View Post
          Can anyone read what the caliber stamp says? I read in the description that it is .223 compatible. I think it would be cool to build one that says Grendel for my Grendel. I'm in Texas, remind me again what the difference is between the caliber stamps, 5.56 / multi / etc. Thanks -mm
          Mike:

The only difference is the stamping. Any mil spec 5.56 lower will work fine with your Grendel.

Understand that compatability with the 5.56, AR-15 in terms of parts and fit is a major point with the Grendel. As many parts the same as possible.

So, if you have a 5.56 stamped and MILSPEC lower, it will work with a Grendel upper. And many 5.56 lowers are also stamped '.223 / 5.56'.

I thought Alexander stamped his lower with '6.5 Grendel'? If not, I am sure you can get someone to do so at a cost of several hundred more dollars.

LR1955

Comment

• kbarnes12
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Can anyone read what the caliber stamp says? I read in the description that it is .223 compatible. I think it would be cool to build one that says Grendel for my Grendel. I'm in Texas, remind me again what the difference is between the caliber stamps, 5.56 / multi / etc. Thanks

-mm
            Here is a photo of the lower I received from AA this summer.
            grendel_markings.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

-mm
              It is stamped 6.5 Grendel in the photo.

Comment

$70 for a stripped lower that is marked 6.5 Grendel! If your building a Grendel starting with a stripped lower how could you not get one? I think that would be the way to go.

Comment

• michaelmew

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                  Mike:

The only difference is the stamping. Any mil spec 5.56 lower will work fine with your Grendel.

LR1955
                  Sorry, I should have been more clear. My real question is what are the legal implications of have it stamped 5.56 / multi / etc. Are there any requirements that require barrel caliber match stamped caliber? I've always gotten "multi" so it was never a problem. Also, aren't some stamped pistol?

Either way, I think a Grendel stamped lower for my Grendel upper is pretty cool. Plus, I get a chance to rebuild my lower with some improvements.

-mm

Comment

• michaelmew

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                    I just ordered mine. Can anyone reccomend a FFL in the North Dallas area? The previous place I used (Big Slim's) closed down. Contact info and price would be great. Thanks.

-mm

Comment

• kbarnes12
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2011

Here is a webpage that lets you put in a zip code and finds FFLs near by.

sigpic

Comment

• Dogue
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

You can also try www.fflfinder.com
                        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• StoneTower

There is no problem with the caliber stamp on the lower. It if it a legal upper in your state, you can bolt it on. In California you can't bolt a bolt action 50 BMG upper on a lower due to the 50 BMG ban. Some guys have many uppers in various calibers that they bolt to the same lower. The pistol marked lower is another question. A lower once registered as a rifle cannot become a pistol. It gets complicated as to if you can configure a pistol registered lower as a rifle and then convert it back to a pistol. Some of this has been tested with the Thompson Center rifle/pistol receivers.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My real question is what are the legal implications of have it stamped 5.56 / multi / etc. Are there any requirements that require barrel caliber match stamped caliber? I've always gotten "multi" so it was never a problem. Also, aren't some stamped pistol?

Either way, I think a Grendel stamped lower for my Grendel upper is pretty cool. Plus, I get a chance to rebuild my lower with some improvements.

-mm

Comment

Ordered one for the 30 dollars off last nite. Excellent timing I just decided this past weekend I was doing a 6.5 build. Ordering the 20" barrel Friday along with the upper.

Comment

Sorry, iam a new guy here.

Comment

Working...
                              X