• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluteEhre
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Lol i have had them a while.
    Looking to trade 2 boxes of the 120gr for 100's but thats not looking too good.

Comment

• Quickdraw80
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2019

INTERESTING data...

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
      I saw that same data and slowly worked up to 28.7 and saw no problems. I had 29gr load on hand to try if only no pressure signs at 28.7. All looked good so I went ahead and shot it with no serious signs of overpressure. The primer was not as rounded, but not flat, and there was a very slight mark from the ejector on one of the rounds but not the other two. So, it looks good for me but I DO NOT RECOMMEND this load for anyone who doesn't take all precautions regarding safety in load development procedures.

I have 20" Group Buy barrel in semi-auto AR15 platform.

Comment

• Quickdraw80
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2019

I forgot to mentioned in my last post that all loads were measured and weighed to the tenth of oz. using Two electric scales!

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Quickdraw80 View Post
          I forgot to mentioned in my last post that all loads were measured and weighed to the tenth of oz. using Two electric scales!
          Do you mean Grains rather Oz , should be grains .

Comment

• BluteEhre
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2018

I agree there are "favorite" loads on this site that are definitely dangerous in some rifles.

Comment

• Zeneffect
              Chieftain
              • May 2020

Oh yea, some of us like to run hot. That's why you always work up and never take load data at face value.

Comment

• Gswamp
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2014

I recently did a ladder with 120 Speers and H335. Loads were 27 to 28.8 grains in .2 grain increments. I stopped the test at 28.2 grains because of excessive pressure.

Comment

• doubleduck
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2020

This seems the right place to ask a question about fliers. My best load seems to be 27.8g AR w 120 eldm out of 16" Faxon barrel. I repeatedly put 4 bullets inside .75" at 100 yards but there is always one flier making it 1 1/4-1 3/8. It is not consistent which shot will be the flier (first, last etc) I have tried varying seating depths, lightly crimping and waving a chicken bone over the scale. I can't seem to shake off that flier. Is this uncommon? Do I need to move on?

Comment

• doubleduck
                    Unwashed
                    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by doubleduck View Post
                    This seems the right place to ask a question about fliers. My best load seems to be 27.8g AR w 120 eldm out of 16" Faxon barrel. I repeatedly put 4 bullets inside .75" at 100 yards but there is always one flier making it 1 1/4-1 3/8. It is not consistent which shot will be the flier (first, last etc) I have tried varying seating depths, lightly crimping and waving a chicken bone over the scale. I can't seem to shake off that flier. Is this uncommon? Do I need to move on?
                    Maybe a better question would be: Does this kind of result suggest staying with 120g eldm and changing powders (I also tried XBR and Varget) with somewhat similar results, a change in 120g bullet (perhaps a Nosler) or a change in bullet weight.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Comment

• doubleduck
                        Unwashed
                        • Aug 2020

I get fliers in all groups and only has a thread protector on the muzzle. I'm not sure about the loctite. I hate to give up on this bullet since so many groups only have one bad bullet. Is this an indication the gun likes 120grain or does it indicate its never going to group with 120's. I'm not sure.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Comment

• doubleduck
                            Unwashed
                            • Aug 2020

Thank You Vascar2 I will try the Sierra bullets if I can find them. Especially the pro hunter since it has a flat base vs the boat tails I have been shooting.

Comment

• Former Cav
                              Bloodstained
                              • Aug 2019

I've just discovered the 110 grain Lehigh solid copper bullets. I have to work on them a little more but they seem to be showing the most promise for me.
                              problem is, they are almost 1.00 each for a projectile !!
                              I haven't had to good of luck with 3 different uppers, ONE of them with a Krieger match barrel ($400 for that).
                              I've never had this kind of troubles over a period of 40 years of reloading many different calibers. (223, 243, 6.5 x 284, 308, 25-06 etc )

Comment

• Former Cav
                                Bloodstained
                                • Aug 2019

Does anybody have a good load for:
                                a 110 grain Lehigh solid copper bullet at about 2600 FPS or greater?
                                same for a 108 Lupua Scenar bullet at about 2600 FPS or greater?
                                and lastly
                                the Hornady 123 ELD at 2500 FPS or greater.
                                All of these in an AR rifle with a 20 inch barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X