Power case trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power case trimmers

Has anyone tried the Possum Hollow quick case trimmer , or the Little Crow Gunworks Worlds Finest Trimmer
    If so are they worth the price for a specialized tool for one specific caliber
    I am planning on doing a bunch or reloading, like 2 or 3 hundred at a time
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I've used both, which are based on the same general concept (indexing off the shoulder). The WFT is better quality and what I'm currently using. It's worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Trim after case resizing.
    Drifter

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

I use the possum hollow for .223 and it works great. I bought an extra adapter so 1 is a dedicated chamfer/debur tool and it makes brass prep much better.

I do less volume with the Grendel so I'm fine with my Lyman trimmer for the rare occasion that I need to trim my brass.
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I don't have any experience with the two you mentioned but I do with the Giraud trimmer, it also indexes off the shoulder, trims, chamfers and bevels all in one quick step. It is spendy but well worth the price if you do high volume loading. I load around 15,000 rounds per year and have had it for three years with no problems and know a half dozen or so others with them, same story. http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm
        Bob
        Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Tech09 View Post
          Has anyone tried the Possum Hollow quick case trimmer , or the Little Crow Gunworks Worlds Finest Trimmer
          If so are they worth the price for a specialized tool for one specific caliber
          I am planning on doing a bunch or reloading, like 2 or 3 hundred at a time
          Tech:

Are you saying you have to trim at every firing? With the Lapua / AA Grendel brass, you may have to trim once every fifteen or more shots.

I can't recall having to trim the Wolf brass either. However, the Wolf brass opened the primer pockets before it needed to be trimmed.

I wouldn't consider a trimmer to be a real necessity with a Grendel.

If Dillon made a trimmer die for their power trimmer, it would be the way to go. You could trim three hundred pieces of brass in about thirty minutes.

LR1955

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

I use the Giraud trimmer as stokesrj has also stated. It works and I have had zero problems with it. I use it on all my high volume reloading rifle cases. Great trimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by montana View Post
              I use the Giraud trimmer as stokesrj has also stated. It works and I have had zero problems with it. I use it on all my high volume reloading rifle cases. Great trimmer.
              yah i have one too. super fast and super accurate. my friends come over now for thier volume trimming and get done in 1/4 the time it would normally be.

Comment

Working...
              X