Grendel ammo on store shelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel ammo on store shelves

Has anyone heard our ammo will be brought to stores like Academy,Dicks sporting goods,bass pro,or any other chain store. This having to buy off the Internet is getting a little old and I have only had this gun for 3 months. Now that it is SAAMI approved how long is this going to take. It sure would benifet the makers.

Stop by Long Supply near intersection of 173 in Jourdanton on your way to Pleasanton. I had him order me some and he may have stock on hand. Pretty rare in SA, unless you hit the gun shows.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

I don't have Dicks, or Academy or even a Bass Pro close, but Cabelas stocks it, depending on the store. I doubt we'll see it in Wally Worlds, but they don't stock my 7mm WSM either.

My local reloading supply place stocks it though, and has kept it in stock for the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by bobke View Post
        Stop by Long Supply near intersection of 173 in Jourdanton on your way to Pleasanton. I had him order me some and he may have stock on hand. Pretty rare in SA, unless you hit the gun shows.
        Hey man thanks I will check them out when I go shoot at my parents. I might just get my brother to stop by for me and pick some up or order some for me.

Where do you shoot??????

Comment

Bandera Gun Club or family's dude ranch in Bandera.

Comment

Originally posted by bobke View Post
            Bandera Gun Club or family's dude ranch in Bandera.
            Cool deal, called long supply and they have 4 boxes of 123gr AMAX in stock. Thanks again for the info

Comment

Also, if you're ever heading down 59, east of Victoria and going towards Houston, there's a gun shop on the north side of 59, right next to a large motorcycle dealership that had a good stock of 123 Amax last time I passed through. Gotta ferret this stuff out til the word gets around.

Comment

I Have a Cabelas 10 minutes from home (Thats bad) and they carry Hornady 123 amax. 7 boxes on the shelf yesterday.

Comment

i have Academy, Bass Pro, and Dicks. Here in Louisiana and none of them carry it. I have to order it offline or sometimes i find it at the gun shows. But at least you can readily get it online. Now for my Beowulf thats a pain in the rear. I wish they would let hornady start making those so we can get the ammo. Not being able to get ammo for the Wulf is killing these guns. Great shooting guns but you just cant get ammo for them. At least you have stores in your immediate area that stock Grendel though.

Comment

I have Grendel 123gr AMAX on the shelf at Get Some Guns in Murray, just off I-15 on State Street. Christiansen's Reloading also has Lapua Grendel brass. I wish Sportsman's would start shelving it. We also have Cabella's, and a new Store called Scheel's in Sandy. I haven't checked if they stock it yet.

Comment

• leopard6.5

LRRPF52: You should find that you like the Scheel's store alot. They started their stores by our place in North Dakota.

At least the ones by us will order in anything they can sell on a regular basis. It makes it pretty handy.

I hadn't realized they had moved into your area. I wish they would put some stores in Florida.

Lee

Comment

• Dogue
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by leopard6.5 View Post
                        LRRPF52: You should find that you like the Scheel's store alot. They started their stores by our place in North Dakota.

At least the ones by us will order in anything they can sell on a regular basis. It makes it pretty handy.

I hadn't realized they had moved into your area. I wish they would put some stores in Florida.

Lee
                        I keep saying the same thing about Cabela's...I can't believe they've stayed out of the SE this long.
                        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• rasp65
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DIESEL758 View Post
                          Hey man thanks I will check them out when I go shoot at my parents. I might just get my brother to stop by for me and pick some up or order some for me.

Where do you shoot??????
                          Hey Diesel if you shoot at your parents don't use the Grendel. You might give it a bad name. In fact don't shoot at your parents unless you were an abused child.

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

I spent many, many hours in the Grand Forks Scheels when I was in school at the U of North Dakota. Prices were much better than Cabelas, and if they didn't have it, they would get it for you ASAP.

I'll be interested to know if they've maintained that as they have grown.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Good morning Bill: I go to all four Sheel's stores( Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot and Bismarck) in ND depending where I am at the time and all of them have had the same attitude.

They'll get in whatever you need and are happy to do it.

One time I was asking about something that I wanted and the guy said he'd just order it in since they didn't have it in the store. This was boots I think.
                              I told him I didn't know what size since I hadn't tried them on and it would depend on how they were cut.
                              He ordered in three different sizes for me and said it was no problem, just buy the ones that fit the best.
                              Really nice people to work with.

I wish some of that attitude would rub off on some of the stores I shop in Florida.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X