Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill.brandonj

tired out ht e 123g noslers today!

here is what i came up with at the range today....not bad at all considering i am not an accomplished shooter and this was from a bipod only.

photo.jpg
  • hill.brandonj

all are four shot groups

Comment

• hill.brandonj

nobody has anything to comment? I am thinking the lower powder charge semd better for me.. i am gonna work up about 20 each of the 26 and the 27 and maybe a few 28.5 as i have seen a lot of responses that that works good for others, but mine didnt do so hot at the 28 mark,.

Comment

• Dogue
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Throw a 28.2-28.3 in there on your way up.

I have a question though, and nothing personal because you're not the only one that does it, but why 4 shot groups? Personally I ignore 3-4 shot groups and figure 5 shots is the minimum to show an accuracy pattern. I'm impressed when someone does a tight 10 shot group! I think the only time I've shot a 4 shot group was when I ran out of components to complete my loads (other than a called pull).

I may try some at the low range just to see how they do but typically my rifle likes near-max loads...maybe there's a good plinking load to be found around 26gr?
        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• hill.brandonj

I did it because I honestly am that green to this. I load up five charges four a piece. It made a box of ammo. Made sense to me. But I am gonna make up ten or twenty of the lower 26. And 27. And maybe ten of the 28.5 and 28.3 I'm a hunter only. And as I said somewhere else. Normally the range for is is once a year. Make sure the scope is still on and three shots go home kill a deer. This accuracy nitpicking and handloading is brand new to me. All I know so far is what I read on here

Comment

Working...
          X