Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask.

Has anyone used Red Dot in a Grendel load? I haven't seen it listed anywhere but since I have recently acquired a full 12 pounder I had to ask. I will be using it in a lot of pistol loads, 12 pounds will make a lot of 45 acp rounds.

Red Dot is a very fast burning pistol powder! Do not try to use it in the grendel in any loading.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wiersy111 View Post
      This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask.

Has anyone used Red Dot in a Grendel load? I haven't seen it listed anywhere but since I have recently acquired a full 12 pounder I had to ask. I will be using it in a lot of pistol loads, 12 pounds will make a lot of 45 acp rounds.
      Question for you.

Why would you think a flake pistol powder would be safe for conventional (not cast bullet) rifle loads?

LR1955

Comment

I didn't think it would work, it was just a simple question in case I was wrong.

Comment

• Von Gruff
          Chieftain
          • Apr 2012

I just used Red Dot to fireform my x39 Lapua cases and put 5.7 gn behind a 127gn cast bullet. didn't run it over the chrono but it was fun shooting the 100 rounds into a tree stump. I will be doing some more testing in the next few weeks and intend to run RD up to arround the 10-11 gn for a 50 yd plinking round, 10-15 gn Blue Dot for mid velocity 100 yd plinking load and Varget for higher velocity hunting round all with the cast bullet.
          http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
          Acts 4:10-12

Comment

Working...
          X