Primer fit Wolf Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer fit Wolf Brass

I have a couple questions/comments that will hopefully grab some attention to this thread.
    First of all, when I started priming my first batch of prepped once fired Wolf brass I noticed that the primers(WIN WLRM) seated alot easier than my Hornady cases(CCI 450). I was concerned they primers might be too loose, so, I primed two shells and fired them. The primers didn't show and signs of blowback/out. Loaded 6rds of 123AMAX 28.1gr TAC 2.251COL.
    A couple of the cases showed signs of powder residue and some primers were overly flattened. A guy the range thought the load might be too hot because there was also marks from the ejector on the brass.. My rifle leaves that mark on alot of rounds and he kinda disregarded the powder residue fact. Spent brass ejected in same area as usual and this round has shot reliably out of my rifle except in Hornady brass.
    I still think it is a primer problem.. thoughts?
    I'm hoping if nothing else maybe another primer will fit tighter. I have alot of this Wolf brass I don't wanna just chunk.

20" Lothar Walther 6.5CSS

P.S. 123SST 28.3gr 8208XBR 2.245COL sub .4MOA @ 100yd. Sorry no FPS but shoots just as well as 123AMAX at short range hoping to get long range comparisons tomorrow.

Glad to see your getting good results from the new SST's

Comment

Working...
    X