Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ducks-and-bucks

How many of you have a SATERN barrel?

How many have a satern barrel? What is your primo accuracy reload? Let's see if anything jives...!!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

2 of them. Best loads are XBR and the 107 Sierra. Tiny groups at 100 yards.

Then XBR and 123 Amaxs.

I'm really liking CFE 223, but haven't found a true accuracy node yet.

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

What's your xbr load with the sierra?

Comment

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
        How many have a satern barrel? What is your primo accuracy reload? Let's see if anything jives...!!
        I have an 18" one
        Longest one in my avatar

Fluted SS that I had bead blasted to take the shine off

My kids and I were not missing (for the most part) a 3" square steel target at 350 yards

I have only shot factory 123 AMAX rounds

Comment

I have a 20" that I got for Christmas several years ago. I finally put it together. I've only started working up ammo with XBR and Sierra 120 Match Kings.

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

20", 8208, 123 SMK & NCC. Good results with 123 & 100 Amax also but haven't worked with them too much.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
              DaB:

What are your primo accuracy loads at 300 and 600 yards?

LR1955

Comment

• leopard6.5

ducks-and-bucks: Sorry I can't be of much help.

I have four or five but since I only shoot factory ammo, as I said, it doesn't help you much.

Good luck and great shooting.

Lee

Comment

Have a 24 inch Satern and the Hornady 123 A-max works so well out of it, I can't see any reason yet to bother handloading for it.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by srg View Post
                    Have a 24 inch Satern and the Hornady 123 A-max works so well out of it, I can't see any reason yet to bother handloading for it.
                    If you can't see any reason to handload what do you do with your spent brass/do you want to part with said used brass
                    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

i have an 18 incher, fluted, stainless, and i have a 22 on order. no best load yet.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

not sure if it counts but i also have an 18 liberty....

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

I'm still working on loads. Just posted my development thus far.. I haven't taken past 100 yards yet. It may just be me, but if I cant get the group at 100 I doubt I can get the group at 200..

Comment

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                            If you can't see any reason to handload what do you do with your spent brass/do you want to part with said used brass
                            Greedily heaping it up in various containers for the day when I will eventually reload it.
                            I have been happy with the speed and accuracy of the Hornady A-max though I do hope to reload the hornady brass with the new 123 SSt of possibly barnes TTSXs. I have had mixed results with the A-max on game (just not penetrating properly) though everything shot with hit has been recovered easily - I just prefer a bullet that holds together better.

In the meantime, I am trying to learn everything I can from these threads.

Comment

Yep, satern 24" shooting 123 SMKs or 123 amax with 27 grains of 8208xbr. Fantastic accuracy. Are you guys pushing your 123s with more than 27 grs of 8208xbr? My brass was ruined when I tried 28 grains or more.

Comment

Working...
                              X