At last, a 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to keep everyone updated. MLK day got in the way, but we finally have the first bulk shipment, and we'll start sending these out in the order that we received payment tomorrow. Thanks again everyone! We're looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

woo hoo! can't wait.
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• Y85
        Warrior
        • Sep 2012

Excellent - what's your timeline for Vol.2? (No pressure. )

Comment

Originally posted by Y85 View Post
          Excellent - what's your timeline for Vol.2? (No pressure. )
          It was 15 months from the inspiration we got from this forum until we published Volume I.

We hope to move more quickly for the second volume...

Comment

I have just spent the past 2 days processing and packing up these orders! I'm smoked, and the orders keep coming in as I try to process them. The response really is great y'all. We had major issues with icy roads here, airlines slipping off the runway, and the Fedex guy said he had fallen several time today delivering packages. We had to order more bulk shipping materials for these orders, and they go out in the morning.

You guys and gals have been great. We look forward to you all getting the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook, Volume I. I think you will enjoy it, and find value in it on the bench, and when looking for a good load. Several of the manufacturers provided pressure data, so you can get an idea of where you're at if using the same powders and projectiles at the stated C.O.L.'s.

Comment

Thank you Sir!

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
                Warrior
                • May 2011

Does this have any cfe data in it?

Comment

Originally posted by toolsofthetrade View Post
                  Does this have any cfe data in it?
                  This Volume has manufacturer data from Hodgdon's, Accurate, Ramshot, Western Powders, Lapua/Vihtavuori, and Alexander Arms. While this set of data from the manufacturers doesn't have CFE yet, the most recent CFE data published that I'm aware of is in Hornady's new 9th Edition, which shows 2500fps from an 18" AR15 pushing the 123gr Hornady AMAX or SST.

Usually with the loads I have seen for CFE, you start at 31.0gr and work up from there maxing out at 34.0gr with 123gr pills, it being a very high density powder that provides a great case fill for the Grendel. That is with bullets in the 100-123gr weight class. If you use the Custom Search Engine feature and look through Bwild97's data on the forum, you can find all kinds of CFE data with a wide range of pills.

Be aware of the start pressure issues with bullets that have longer and harder bearing surfaces, and keep your COAL's appropriate for your chamber.

One of the nicest features I'm finding with the new 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook is industry-provided pressure data, which gives me an idea of where all the powder & bullet combinations register at. There are 50 different bullet/powder combinations with pressure data from Hodgdon's and Western (Accurate & Ramshot).

There are 56 bullet/powder combinations from AA, and 30 from Lapua/Vihtavuori, for a total of 136 different loads listed in the handbook, ready for your reloading bench and reloading resource library.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Yes, you can do that no problem. I'll PM you details.

Good news: The handbooks were delivered a week ahead of schedule, so as soon as I get them, they'll be sent out next week. The response so far has been great, and we continue to get orders daily.
                    order & send mo last week,

thank you and waiting for 2nd ed

Comment

• Blacklab
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2012

Feel like a little kid waiting to get my Christmas present. Everything is set up cleaned brass primed and ready to load. I want my book! You can't tell I'm a little excited can you?................lol. Thanks for all the time and hard work you all put into this project. (wink)
                      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Just ordered. Thanks for the hard work

Comment

Got one coming my way too! Thanks

Comment

I just ordered my copy. Can't wait....

Comment

I just bought one from the web site, are they actually available and shipping?

Comment

• cory
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                                I just bought one from the web site, are they actually available and shipping?
                                I ordered mine a week ago and got it, in about 3 days man.
                                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X