At last, a 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
    It seems that there is at least one version in each of the calibers from .204 through .308, and there might also be a .338 version.

There are others where some of the key case dimensions have been adjusted to squeeze a bit more powder in.

Serious research will wait while other things get cleared off the desk....
    And don't forget 358 Gremlin too....

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Variable -- Many thanks! I had not seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Gruff View Post
        ...I think that if the bullet BC data that LRRPF52 posted would be a valuable inclusion http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...or-the-Grendel. I found it helpfull to have the information presented in that manner.
        Yes, we plan to include ballistic coefficient data in the hunting and varmint bullet tables. Still working on getting the format right.

Cheers!

Comment

How about something for the F-Class crowd? 6.5 x 284 ????? Love that 6.5 ballistics!

Comment

ordered one today, looking forward to getting it

Comment

Originally posted by tirador View Post
              How about something for the F-Class crowd? 6.5 x 284 ????? Love that 6.5 ballistics!
              We have been discussing the possibility of a third volume dedicated to the challenges of competition shooting with the Grendel. F-Class is definitely one of the competitions the Grendel could be a competitive cartridge - especially at 600 yards and under.

Moving out of the Grendel or the Grendel family of wildcats, however, is for future discussions even though cartridges like the 6.5 x 284 may be mentioned to better define the Grendel's role.

Comment

I have to say that I've been referring to the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook more than I thought I would, especially with all the questions forum members post when looking for load data or starting loads for certain projectiles and powders.

I knew it would be a valuable resource for me on the bench, just to have everything right there in a compact little book with areas for me to record my go-to loads as well, but I didn't realize how often I would be looking up the industry data from all the manufacturers who cooperated with us in allowing their information to be published.

Comment

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                  Finally ordered mine, looking forward to the read. Will vol 2 contain load data from the grendelites, as it would probably be a great addition to all the factory data. Thanks guys!...
                  Yes, Volume 2 will have data from the Grendelites!

Comment

If you're in the area, drop by the Mt. Yonah Book Exchange, LLC at 3779 Helen Hwy in Cleveland, GA 30528 -- they should have a few on their shelves.

Alexander Arms has the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook on their virtual shelves.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Judging from opinions offered in this forum, it seems that the 123gr AMAX is a favored projectile and CFE223, AR-Comp, and 8208XBR are favorite powders.

What are the chances those will make it into Volume 2?

Comment

The chances are excellent!

Comment

Mirabile dictu! When I first received the manual a few months ago I was mostly interested in the history and exterior ballistics, but, now that we are moving towards reloading, those additions will be most appreciated. Since our Grendel shoots the factory load 130gr Sciroccos best, pertinent loads for those popular powders would also be appreciated.

Comment

Is 6.5 Sporter same as Grendel?
                            One of the differences per the thread discussion is the chamber.

The Handbook has a good discussion of the major variants with dimensions close to, but not the same as, the Grendel.

The first page of this thread shows where one can get a copy.

Comment

I just ordered mine. I can't wait to get my copy!

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Okay so I ordered one on Friday. I think. Details of this weeknd are kinda foggy. I went to website. Paid with PayPal. But don't remember entering any shipping info. And nothing to verify by email. Did I screw up???

Comment

Working...
                                X