At last, a 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smud Dude
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2011

Got mine 2 weeks ago and no problem.
    Cheers
    Sugabat Sed Pefecidamus 5B89
    The only time you've used too much HE is when you're in the frag zone.

Comment

• I ordered mine yesterday ;- )

wll

Comment

• Out of curiosity, what will later volumes contain? We're all buying it anyway, so what harm could a teaser be

Comment

• Well, since you asked so nicely, here is the Table of Contents as it exists today:

The only certainty is that the TOC will change, but probably not by a lot.

Comment

• There's a lot of useful data we've been working on for the past 10 months I guess, to include:

* gel testing of many of the premium and interlock bullets, complete with pics, weights, dimensions, and charts
            * a detailed chapter on sighting systems,
            * barrel length considerations for hunting and what to expect for minimum expansion thresholds,
            * point blank ranges for everything from a 10" to 24" rifle,
            * game types and bullet recommendations for specific game weights and classes,
            * how to fit and balance the carbine or rifle to yourself/family,
            * a detailed reloading tips and procedures chapter that takes you through the specifics of loading for the AR15, selecting your components, brass prep/cleaning, setting up your dies, determining your seating depth with different projectiles, trouble-shooting, and checks during the load process
            * So far, I'm counting ~236 different hunting bullet/powder load combinations, 228 chronograph data points, ranging in bullet weights from 85gr up to 156gr, 23 powders including CFE 223, LeveRevolution, AR Comp, Benchmark, H322, X-Terminator, and so forth.

It's going to be an excellent addition to Volume I. I'm personally looking forward to having copies for my desk and bench, as Volume I has been an invaluable resource for me all this time.

Comment

• Awesome. Get off the net and get to publishing!

Comment

• I updated the Buy Now feature on AR15BuildBox.com to allow shipping options for US and Europe/Pacific regions, and consolidated the shipping into the price.

The best deal right now is the Handbook + AR15BuildBox combo deal, which we're continuing at the holiday rate.

Think of the children, buy them a future.

Comment

• Remember that Vol 1 and Vol 2 cover somewhat different areas. This means that having both is more useful than forcing oneself to choose one or the other.

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Ordered Vol 2 yesterday, along with another BuildBox. My brother's finally decided to build a light, 5.56 carbine. What better way to get him started!
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                      Ordered Vol 2 yesterday, along with another BuildBox. My brother's finally decided to build a light, 5.56 carbine. What better way to get him started!
                      Ordered yesterday, sent out yesterday. Thanks man!

Comment

• Originally posted by JASmith View Post

We're writing a short series dedicated to partially answering many of the questions about the history and utility of the Grendel. This handbook is a great resource for both beginning and advanced Grendel handlaoders.

This first volume focuses on history and touches on the Grendel's medium game hunting potential and target shooting . We also included handloading data from four significant commercial sources - Alexander Arms, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon, and Western Powders (Accurate and Ramshot). There are also several pages dedicated to personal notes and reloading data.

We have started research on the second volume and this one will have a stronger focus on the Grendel as a hunting cartridge. The load data for this volume will be mostly mined from the Grendel forum and other sources. We are looking at Competition Target shooting with the Grendel, Bolt Rifles and Grendel-Based wildcats as topics for future volumes.

Read more and look at the Table of Contents by clicking on the thumbnail or here: ShootersNotes.Com 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Reserve your copy from this limited print run at AR15buildbox.com

You can now also order the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook from Alexander Arms

Proceeds from handbook sales will also partially defray expenses for our research on the next volume. Volume II will concentrate on the Grendel as a hunting tool and will organize broad set of reloading data developed by the Grendel community. Look for a publishing announcement for this volume during the coming year.

Update 3-10-13: We are very close to the 2-month mark since releasing the book! We have thoroughly enjoyed all of the positive comments about the book with few or no pans to offset the pats! Nonethless, we would very much like some comments that could help guide us to an even better Volume 2! You can PM your comments or publicly post -- either way we woud like to hear them!

Update 5-10-13: If you're in the area, drop by the Mt. Yonah Book Exchange, LLC at 3779 Helen Hwy in Cleveland, GA 30528 -- they should have a few on their shelves.

Update 6-22-13: Alexander Arms has the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook on their virtual shelves.
                        \\

Ordered December 28th from BuildBox. Paid with paypal and am still waiting.

Comment

• XcountryRider

If your in San Diego you can get a copy at La Mesa Collectibles in El Cajon.

Comment

• That ruins my expanding circle theory! (Or just starts another growth point...)

Comment

• stevegun 1

Oh Paul, if your watching, woooo, woooo! Just got home and found my order in the mail box, thank you. Mom was right, "anything worth having is worth waiting for", still need to work on my patience. I haven't opened the envelope yet but thanks to all!

Comment

• I'm in San Diego but I decided to just order one yesterday or the day before. I'll get it when I get it and look forward to reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X