• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb4017
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Todays 20 "Chrono results

Took my 20" Rexus build out to day for break-in and was able to chronograph some loads while I was at it. Velocities were obtained with a Garmin Xero C1. All brass/primers looked great with no signs of excess pressure.

Hornady Black 123 gr ELD Match. 2520.5 fps. 24.2 SD.

123 gr Nosler CC, 30.8 gr CFE-223, Tula SRM primer, New Starline brass. 2.250" OAL. 2515 fps. 20.2 SD.

123 gr Nosler CC, 29.5 gr StaBall Match, Tula SRM primer, New Starline Brass, 2.250 OAL. 2435 fps. 9.7 SD.

StaBall match also gets me great standard deviations in .224 Valkyrie and .308. I think I'm going to work with it some more.
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

How much longer can you load for COL? If you have Elander mags, I know that means not any longer.

How did it group?

You can go up with CFE223.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Thanks for posting. Your lot of ELD-M show velocities I got from my 20” Shilen with Hornady A-Max several years ago. I’ve seen other chronograph results in the last couple years where velocity seemed lower for 123 grain ELD-M.

Comment

• cb4017
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        How much longer can you load for COL? If you have Elander mags, I know that means not any longer.

How did it group?

You can go up with CFE223.
        With the Nosler CC I'm at the limit with OAL in this barrel, without getting stuck in the lands.

Groups today weren't great, running around 1.5 MOA. Could be me. I'm over 70 yo now, LOL.

Yea, I've got a little leeway with the CFE.

I'd really like to find a good load with that StaBall Match. It's one of the few powders that seem to be readily available now days.

Years ago my go-to powder was 8208 but good luck finding it now.
        Cliff
        USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• gofastman
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2019

Originally posted by cb4017 View Post

With the Nosler CC I'm at the limit with OAL in this barrel, without getting stuck in the lands.

Groups today weren't great, running around 1.5 MOA. Could be me. I'm over 70 yo now, LOL.

Yea, I've got a little leeway with the CFE.

I'd really like to find a good load with that StaBall Match. It's one of the few powders that seem to be readily available now days.

Years ago my go-to powder was 8208 but good luck finding it now.
          I agree about the StaBall Match. Inexpensive (relatively, of course) and pretty easy to find.
          temperature stability is really a nice feature too.

Comment

Working...
          X