X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v4lu3s
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2023

Wow that's great info. In the past I was using a Lee single stage press that I picked up a Dillon 550c recently and this was my first big batch and I suspect that I made the error somewhere in the middle of that batch. I have one that has a poorly seated primer that I'm going to open up and see how much powder is actually in there

I forgot to my krono yesterday however I did go through all my brass after shooting and I found about 20% had ejector marks on the base of the brass and I did not have a deep indent on primer strikes. I also found one with a pierced primer. I'm not seeing super great accuracy with them good enough to hunt with but I'm not getting the accuracy out of them that I get out of 120 grain Sierra soft tip hunting bullets that I also use.

it is frustrating that Hornady has provided so many different baselines

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

It was interesting that Hornady used a 14.5” Grendel in the 8th Edition.

If they had used a 24” barrel, people might see that it’s within about 200fps of a .260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor with the same bullet weights.

18” Grendels became very popular in the 2010s for both hunters and recreational target shooters.

Do you not have the 6.5 Grendel Handbooks?

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• v4lu3s
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2023

Eventually I would like to get that but currently have the most recent Sierra the most recent Nosler and two editions of the Hornady manuals. Im also juggling 13 ARs I load for (2× 6.5 grendel, 2x 7.62x39, 3x .308 win plus an M1A, 2x 300 blk, 4x .223). I also load 9mm, .40 and 45 acp so I am having a harder time justifying a whole book on one caliber

I find it funny that I was posting because how minimal the velocity loss was on 6 inches less barrel and found out I do have some overloaded ammo (I still see as fast or faster than Hornady factory ammo though on 20").

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

I have Hornady 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th Editions, Sierra data printed off, Barnes printed off, Nosler online, Hodgdon’s, Accurate, Ramshot, Vihtavuori, and AA original data.

I’ll be getting the Hornady 12th Edition too since they added new cartridges.

The Grendel Handbooks have way more data than all of the above combined for 6.5 Grendel, as well as chapters on chamber designs, AR-15 barrel length and gas system lengths, terminal ballistics testing across the impact velocity spectrum with many different hunting bullets, game and bullet weight/type considerations, and the load data tables with hundreds of loads.

The Grendel Handbooks are quite unique in the world of specific cartridge handbooks.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X