• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8208XBR & Nosler 100 B-Tip range report

• montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

The 30.2 grain load was doing good until the flyer. Nice pictures and report. What trigger are using on your rifle?

Comment

Montana I’m running a Geissele High Speed NM. I was struggling with the bench and sand bags as well as the target focus. For a while I thought my NF scope was messed up. I only use the bench when chronographing and typically don’t get the most consistent results from it. I much prefer going prone with a bipod and squeeze bag.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Very nice, I just picked up 100, 100 gr noslers from shooters pro shop. Looks like they are shooting good!

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

The 30.2 group was looking really sweet! I'd go back and hit that one and the 30.6 again. Any good close up pics of the case heads used for the 30.6?

Depending on the temps you were seeing, if the pressure is edgy on the 30.6, I'd settle for the 30.2 (depending on future data) for year round use. The 30.6 deserves more looks though.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I was thinking the same thing for the 30.2gr load. This is why I like ladders, so I don't waste so much ammo running 5rd groups of different weights.

Comment

• oneshotkyle

johnOD looking good. where are you in central oregon. i am over in prineville and go to the cossa range off hwy 20 frequently.

Comment

Kyle I'm in Bend. Today I was shooting east of Bessy Butte on China Hat Road.

Comment

This is a pic of the five rounds, 30.6 grain load. It isn’t a clear photo but the primers have square corners and the ejector marks are starting to show. I'm calling it too hot for my gun and do not plan on going over 30.4 in the future.

What I found interesting was the chrono results (not that five rounds means much)
                  A) 2,820
                  ES) 4.5
                  SD) 1.7
                  AD) 1.2
                  The primers in the lower two cases are just as flat as the top one. The lighting makes them look like they have round shoulders
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2013, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• PA_Allen
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

John,
                    Thanks for the nice report. Good to see that we are getting similar velocities out of our 20" barrels.
                    Best,
                    PA

Comment

I have a 20" Sabre also. This powder, and this bullet is exactly what I wanted to start with. Thanks

Comment

• Rockdriller

Just curious but why did you go with a .005 jump to the lands? I only ask because I just bought the Hornady gauge and comparator and am learning to use it. Why not pick a little more jump?

Comment

Rockdriller from past experience shooting the 100 B-T's they do pretty well in my barrel at that jump. Compared to the OAL's other folks load to my Sabre chamber is on the short side.
                          Jdberry welcome to the forum! Have you measured the bolt face depth on your Sabre? Interestingly enough mine is only .131” deep while .135” or so is the standard.

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Nice pic's John, good shooting too, hey, where are the snowbanks? I need to move..

Comment

S1 it’s currently 57 degree here... climate change has officially kicked in and I like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X