Has anyone tried LeveRevolution powder in the Grendel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried LeveRevolution powder in the Grendel ?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this powder in the Grendel...If so, what type
    of velocity and accuracy has been acheived ?

Thanks.

I did not get any chrono readings with LVR but had inconsistent groups with it out of my 22 in LW barrel. Best groups were 1.5 inches at 100. Kevin

Comment

Several guys have tried it with good results. Many say that it and CFE223 behave similarly, but I haven't tried them both yet.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

I've used it quite a bit. It seems to behave almost exactly like CFE. The weights and velocities appear interchangeable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by seatleroadwr View Post
          I've used it quite a bit. It seems to behave almost exactly like CFE. The weights and velocities appear interchangeable to me.

How does it compare to similar powders in velocity, does it acheive higher velocity
          when you compare it to say H335 ?

Thanks.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

I haen't done much with H335. I used H335 with SMK 107s for a short period of time but my accuracy was not great. LVR is a slower burning powder that H335 I believe. LVR has good standard deviation numbers and slightly better velocity than 8208. My records show that my 22" barrel will shoot a 123 grain Nosler CC at 2613 fps with an SD of 8fps. My max load for the same bullet with 8208 is 28.7 grains with a speed of 2571 fps and an SD of 3.0 fps. I have a longer than normal throat so you should back the load down about .5 grains if you have a normal Grendel throat.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Luv269er View Post
              Just wondering if anyone has tried this powder in the Grendel...If so, what type
              of velocity and accuracy has been acheived ?

Thanks.
              Type in LEVERevolution in the search engine for the Forum and you get 61 hits!

LR1955

Comment

Working...
              X