Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

i have never seen anything like that other than a bullet impacting something usually a metal first before impacting the target. I would say load it up and hold it up to the cardboard target 15 feet away or so standing and blast it. If it does it then i would say there is a serious flaw in the in the rifling some where. And its crowned so theres no chance of a brake or flash hider causing it. Try the hornady amax and see what happens. If it still does it. Im sure your barrel maker if you send those photos and explain it to them they will make things right for you.

Comment

• tsutexan34

I was prone but in the bed of my truck with barrel sticking over a foot and at least 4 ft off the ground and I shot first that was the first shot on that target

Comment

Looks like it's time to try your Amax (#13). Then try the Wolf again. I'll bet you won't get a repeat.

If you do get a repeat, have your buddy watch the area between you and the target. I would also suggest he stand about 10 meters behind and about 5 to the side so he can easily catch the area between you and the target all the way to whatever you're using as a backstop.

Comment

Looks like it's time to try your Amax (Post #13). Then try the Wolf again. I'll bet you won't get a repeat.

If you do get a repeat, have your buddy watch the area between you and the target. I would also suggest he stand about 10 meters behind and about 5 to the side so he can easily catch the area between you and the target all the way to whatever you're using as a backstop.

Comment

• tsutexan34

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it

Comment

• tsutexan34

Just wanted to let everyone know the 123 gr amax worked great shot 3 shots and were in a one inch group

Comment

• Longshot_34

That's great to hear! Glad you got it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                  X