What is it about the Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really impressed by the answers I've gotten. The fact that we have such a great forum full of people willing to help each other out is just awesome. The other reasons I agree with too, great long distance, AR capable, cool name, Bill Alexander brains etc.

Comment

If you want inspiration, read the following:

6mmBR.com is the best guide for 6mm BR Benchrest precision shooting, complete with 6BR FAQ, Reloading Data, Shooter Message Boards, Reader Polls, and Photo Gallery. Match event calendar and rifle competition accuracy training tips. Equipment reviews (.243 bullets, 30BR cartridge, 6mm Norma Improved, gun barrels, powders, primers, gunstocks, dies), accurizing, 1000yd ranges, ballistics, component sales, tools, gunsmiths. Articles archive for reloading, marksmanship, gunsmithing, and varminting.

Would you happen to like .308 performance in an AR-15 platform with the accuracy of 6mm PPC? Yeah, I thought you would.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I fell in love with the 6.5 caliber when I bought a '96 Swede 30 years ago. No matter that I had just progressed from a lee (mallet type) loader to a single stage, I couldn't put together loads that were worse than 2 moa. Then I found the AR 15, even in it's early, not so reliable versions, it had the best ergonomics I had ever handled. Long range power, not so much.

I went through the usual AK phase and loved the reliability, accuracy, not so much. The FAL came real close but I missed the AR ergonomics. I finally took the plunge and bought a brand new Armalite AR 10. Boy!... I just knew I had it now. Factory mags, top grade ammo, good scope and the dang thing just wouldn't function. Two trips back to the factory and still no joy.

Long story short. I read about the Grendel. Jumped on the Midway website and before long I too had my very own laser Star Wars machine. Who needs the .308 now?

Thanks cousin Bill,

A Alexander
        Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Like the brethren have said:
          .308 performance (killing power, distance, inherant accuracy)
          .264 projectiles
          AR platform
          This forum

WOW!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X