Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, Wolf did ship some steel case over here after the last SHOT show. It went to Alexander Arms. I dont know how much and I dont know why, but I believe it was for beta testing. Since we are now in the fiscal quarter when that the ammo is going to be available for sale, a little information about that testing would not be unreasonable.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Trying to get updates on Wolf Steel Cased 6.5G is like pulling teeth from a frog - frustrating, and pointless.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• hellcat370

If I remember right, Bill A. had posted something about getting 10,000rds of steel case for testing a while back.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
          Warrior
          • Apr 2013

I called WOLF Performance Ammunition in Placentia, CA, this morning. I asked about the 6.5 Grendel Steel Case ammunition. I was told to call back in an hour and ask for "James." I did. James advises me, "We're still working on December."

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

If they can't deliver on the steel case, I wish they'd work on producing some 120gr MPT. I haven't seen any for sale for weeks and weeks. It's 1.5 MOA capable out of my 18 inch Sabre Defense barrel.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Sorry, biodsl, but Wolf just markets the ammo, MPT is made by a different company then the company that is (or in this case isn't) making the steel case ammo. So... the company that makes the MPT gets a FAIL to go along with FAIL the steel case maker gets. BTW, Does anyone know what happaned to the "Wolf Built" Grendel uppers that Wolf was showing at its booth at the SHOT a few years ago?

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

"We're still working on December."

Like Obamacare would be fixed by the end of November? Personally, I'll be shocked if we see this hit retailer shelves by the end of 2015.

Let's play what'll come first: Steel Cased Ammo vs. A New Mag MFG
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

How many years has it been.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bronz View Post
                    How many years has it been.
                    It has been 2 years and 3 months, (or a few days, more or less) since we first got casings from the company in Russia.

By all accounts, they made a much bigger step than expected and made trips to the States to work with Wolf and Bill Alexander to get it right. They also imported barrels to build their own fixtures and test beds.

I have high hopes for this ammunition.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                      It has been 2 years and 3 months, (or a few days, more or less) since we first got casings from the company in Russia.

By all accounts, they made a much bigger step than expected and made trips to the States to work with Wolf and Bill Alexander to get it right. They also imported barrels to build their own fixtures and test beds.

I hope your right and i hope Nosler has Grendel in its future as well.

Comment

• dammitman
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2012

It must be on the last page on the back at the bottom of the page in the "things to work on" by priority.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Except it's been SIX years since Wolf first announced the steel case ammo and listed it on their site...

As did I. Sadly, it seems pretty clear they're not gonna make the December 2013 delivery date.

Comment

• hellcat370

I was going to try calling, but it seems their site is down, and I was unable to get the contact number again. Be interesting to see what bs excuse the come up with for not having it here by now. Last month they swore it was coming this month!

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Think positively. It will arrive asap.

Stan, Lift it up a notch,, Go forward! Never give up ..

Comment

I try and think positively.

Comment

Working...
                                X