Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jluck
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

"Too gauge demand", That's funny, Are they oblivious to the ammo market? I think there are quite a few that would like to get out shooting there Grendel even if it is steel case stuff.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by jluck View Post
      "Too gauge demand", That's funny, Are they oblivious to the ammo market?
      I think gauging demand is a prudent action. It gives them some idea of how much steel cased Grendel ammo to order.
      I think there are quite a few that would like to get out shooting there Grendel even if it is steel case stuff.
      Yeah. Count me as one who would like very much to shoot the steel cased stuff.

Comment

• It sounds to me like they are saying they will ship a small amount of ammo (sometime, maybe 1st quarter ) and see how fast it sells out. Then they will have have a meeting (sometime) to see if production should begin (sometime) in the future. They define that as gauging demand. This does not bode well.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Once again I reiterate....

This (amongst multiple other reasons) is why I just walked away for a long time.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
            Warrior
            • Apr 2013

I today submitted the following E-mail Message to "James," WOLF Performance Ammunition, Placentia, CA:

"Subject: WOLF 6.5x39mm Grendel Steel Case ammunition

"Dear James,

"Re last week's brief phone conversation, wherein, you advised that WOLF Performance Ammunition is expecting a small shipment of 6.5 Grendel Steel Case ammunition, 1st quarter 2014, to gauge interest/demand, I offer the following input.

"When IWI last month announced that the 5.45x39mm Tavor Conversion Kit was cancelled, a veritable firestorm erupted. Why? Ballistically speaking, the 5.45x39mm doesn't offer an advantage over the .223/5.56x45mm cartridge already standard in the Tavor. But, the low cost of the 5.45x39mm Steel Case ammo (typically, $0.25 to $0.30, per round --- as low as $0.15, per round, in bulk buys), makes it a popular choice.

"Presently, the 6.5 Grendel's popularity continues to grow in the AR-15 platform, with a smattering in bolt-action rifles. However, the landscape is changing: Bullpup carbines chambered in the highly-efficient 6.5 Grendel cartridge. Both, K&M arms and Kel-Tec have recently announced that they will include the 6.5 Grendel, among their list of calibers, while it's a good bet that Desert Tech, presently developing a full-caliber listing for their all-new, highly-desirable MDR Bullpup, will include the 6.5 Grendel, as well.

"In view of the above, I submit that WOLF 6.5x39mm Grendel Steel Case ammunition, at $0.30, per round, would be well-received, overall, and have a substantial positive effect on the expanding 6.5 Grendel Bullpup scene."

Last edited by SHORT-N-SASSY; 01-28-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Dogue
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• LOL that's great

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

And, in anticipation of the long-awaited, low-cost WOLF 6.5 Grendel Steel Case ammunition actually happening, this year

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

In my previous redundancy, I didn't repeat myself enough again.LOL

I'll further reiterate yet again!

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• rasp65
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

It's in the mail

Comment

• Who says the Wolf steel case ammo is gonna be low cost? Is it just wishful thinking on our parts?

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Would you prefer "lower cost" (than brass cased loads) as a description?

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                            Who says the Wolf steel case ammo is gonna be low cost? Is it just wishful thinking on our parts?
                            When Wolf showed it at SHOT 2 years ago, they said cost would be comparable to their 5.56 and 7.62x39 steel case.

Comment

• Castor Troy

Do we know what retailer(s) will be getting some of this "small shipment"? What bullet it will be running?

Comment

• jluck
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Castor Troy View Post
                                Do we know what retailer(s) will be getting some of this "small shipment"? What bullet it will be running?
                                Projectiles will be the tips of unicorn horns from what I hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X