Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ducks-and-bucks

Finally!! Found my load

I finally was able to finish up testing after scope and scope mount upgrades..
    My pet load has one holed several times over at one and two hundred yards. Havent taken it further yet.... had to load more up!

28.7gr reloader 15
    123gr AMAX
    Lapua brass
    Federal match small rifle primer
    Coal 2.283 or basically mag length....

No pressure signs... nothing but beauty

Barrel is 24 inch satern bull barrel, rest of the inner parts are les baer
  • BigBluePup

Nice!
    What velocities are you getting?
    Lets see some pics of those groups! I'm planning on working up some Amax loads soon for mine.

Comment

• babaganoush
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

Congrats on finding your sweet spot! May your selected components be both abundant and affordable.
      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

2595 on warmer days down to 2500ish on cold days... depends on my ammo temp

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

Id have to look at my log again but I did have some in the upper 2400s whn it was in the 20 and 30 degree area outside...

Comment

• Dogue
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

You can fit 2.28 in your mags? I can't honestly say I've ever tried that long since the 123 Amax's touch the lands at 2.28 in my rifle, but I assumed the longest would be around 2.265. Congrats finding your load!
            Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

Id have to look at my logs to confirm actual numbers but my lands are cut deeper. I can seat my bullet way longer than mag length and it still chambers fine. But in order to use the magizine mag length is all I can do

Comment

• Old Soldat
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2015

Maximum coal for my rifle was 2.290". Max for magazines is 2.280". Grendel 24" barrel. Still looking for the sweet spot.

Comment

• SADano
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2015

What magazines are you using that you can fit 2.283" in? My E-Landers measure 2.275", so I seat to 2.270" max.

Comment

• apynckel
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2014

You should be able to squeeze out over 2600 fps using cfe223 and a 24" barrel.

Comment

Working...
                    X