Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

Ogive

I have a Hornady OAL guage and the bullet comparator coming.

Is there a better bullet comparator out there?

Thanks,

Rick
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

I don't know if it's the best. But it works great.
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by vanguard138 View Post
      I have a Hornady OAL guage and the bullet comparator coming.

Is there a better bullet comparator out there?

Thanks,

Rick

Hey Vanguard

I also have one. It works really well. Just make sure you measure 5 or 6 times to get a good reading!

You have a modified case coming too, right??

Comment

I've got Hornady's Comparator and OAL gauge w/modified case and they work as advertised. I find them very helpful to control OAL, one of the many variable that can affect accuracy when reloading.

Comment

Does anyone use the Forster Datum Dial Ammunition Measurement System and do you like it?

Tommy

Comment

• vanguard138

OK, it arrived today. I wanted to get the measurement of the ogive from the oal guage so I put the comparator on my digital caliper. Problem is that it is offset so the reading will not be correct. I used the oal guage into the chamber, no problem. But whrn I use that gauge with the comparator it is offset due to the rod. Am I missing something?

Comment

• vanguard138

Daaa, ha ha haaa. Found the error of my ways:-) The plunger was not lined up with the cut out portion of the rod. Got too excited about having a new toy, all is well.

Comment

The Hornady is good but the Sinclair is faster and doesn't need special cases. The Hornady head space inserts are the cat's butt for measuring shoulders and for setting up your dies.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                X