• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Southwest Ammunition 6.5 Grendel

I received an e-mail res ponce from Southwest Ammunition on doing a 6.5 Grendel Run. Doesn't seem to promising for the price and bullet weight. I requested 3 weights too.

Subject: Contact Us

There comment back to me:

Thank you for your interest in 6.5 Grendel ammunition. After the volume of e-mails expressing interest that we received this morning, we are considering a 6.5 Grendel production run. We are thinking of doing the following:
    Lapua Brass
    123 Scenar projectile
    The powder we use is proprietary information, but it is of an appropriate burn rate and is temperature insensitive.
    Price would be $34.99 for a box of 20.
    If you are interested please respond with how many boxes you would like to purchase so we may plan accordingly.
  • hill.brandonj

Yeah that sucks. Not interested in more target crap. I think. We need more hunting options. I told them I would buy up loaded ammo with 125 partition. No response

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Not even close at that price.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

This.

Comment

I am not the 'middle man,' but I did send this link so that SWA has your feedback. They can check or respond (assuming they register and have access soon).

Comment

• XcountryRider

We need hunting rounds!! 100gr Nosler Bt, 100 and 120gr the barnes and 129SST.

Comment

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
              I would rather see a 123gr SST load. Much more suited for some of the "shorter" barrel lengths. It also has a higher BC.

Comment

There are Scenar loads from AA and Precision Firearms already. I think people are more interested in dual-purpose hunting/target loads, like the 123gr SST. Even the A-MAX makes a great dual-purpose load, as people have been killing things with it for years reliably. It behaves much like a NBT, and is a super-accurate load.

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post

Originally posted by APynckel View Post
                  I would rather see a 123gr SST load. Much more suited for some of the "shorter" barrel lengths. It also has a higher BC.
                  Precision Firearms has hunting loads for 123 SST, 120 Nosler Btip, and 130 Nosler Accubond at around $75 per 50. This doesn't count all of their target loads that are suitable for most medium game.

I'm all for bringing a new ammo manufacturer online, but all things being equal I'd rather buy from Mark with his history of supporting the Grendel and their recent expansion to do so more efficiently.

That being said if they can beat those prices or put another hunting load on the market at ~$75 per 50 I'm in. Around $70 would be preferable and I'm not willing to go above $80. At that price I can't justify not loading it myself.
                  "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• XcountryRider

Hornady gmx loads would be cool as well.

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

I agree there price is way overboard and would prefer to support Mark. I sent them the link above for the 3 weights I saw for TTSX but the price is too much for me. I think I'll see Mark this weekend and I'll see what he can do for the lighter weights. He can probably do something we need if he isn't already reading this and checking availability.....

A friend that uses the TTSX said one of the best things is that the tip does not get damaged going in when he chambers it and if no shot and is taken out, unchambers it, he can use it up to 5 or 6 times before the tip is too scratched up. Other HP's get scuffed up from the feed ramps after a couple chambers and un-chambers.

Comment

I"m in if it's 100gr NBT (will work hunting or target) or the Barns in 100 or 120 gr.

Comment

Working...
                        X